Freelancing for Mac

Who has done it and what can I expect? I'm really good at makeup but I have a few questions. Do you take the time to color match them before you start? What questions do you ask before you start their makeup?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I don’t know much about freelancing for MAC, but I moved this to the Working for Cosmetics Retailers forum and hope someone comes along soon who can help you.
peace2.gif

Deja Beauty

I don't freelance for M.A.C but I wrk for Estee Lauder. I always ask my client if they currently use the products. If they do, they may already know the shade of foundation they need. If you're working in a Macy's we use a system called clientele, its a log of our customers and their purchases. If they normally buy the foundation but dont remember the name, check to see if they're in the client system. Now if they aren't in there and dont know their shade or even about the products you want to ask: whats your skin type?? (Oily, Dry, Normal, combination) what type of finish do you want (Matte, Satin, Dewey etc) and lastly, what type of coverage. After getting their answers and knowing your product, tell them what you'd reccommend and why. EX: "So since you said you skin is a little more dry and you want a medium coverage, I reccommend the Mineralized Moisture foundation. Its got some shea butter in it which helps add moisture to the skin giving it a nice satin finish and glow. The coverage is buildable to a medium coverage. It also contains spf 15." (always mention if a product has spf. Some ppl dnt like it). For color matching I can pretty much eyeball it but I always swatch just in case By swatching the cheek area (so she can see) to the jawline. Again, I dnt work for M.A.C, however I've used their products on myself and my own clients. I've also had to help out at the counter inside of Macys. They'll train u how they want to but HTH.