Gel/Cream liner question

SoftBun

Hiya I was wondering if gel/cream liners that haven't been opened yet will expire or not work if I leave it for a while? Will they go hard or something? I have a few Wet n Wild ones but I'm unsure of whether I can go through them quickly enough, so I'm worried they might not work after a long time.

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question and thank you for reading!
th_thstars.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftBun
Hiya I was wondering if gel/cream liners that haven't been opened yet will expire or not work if I leave it for a while? Will they go hard or something? I have a few Wet n Wild ones but I'm unsure of whether I can go through them quickly enough, so I'm worried they might not work after a long time.

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question and thank you for reading!
th_thstars.gif

I don't think they will last years and years but if you seal them up in an airtight baggie and put them somewhere cool (I would find a spot in the frig) they would store well. They should be okay for a few months even without my anal-retentive precautions if not opened. (My experience is with HIP liners not WnW though) Make sure they are very, very well sealed--that's the rub!

kirari

My experience has been that they will hold for a long time as long as you keep them properly sealed. I have some that I've had for at least a year that I love, but rarely use. I've not had 'em dry up, unless I don't screw the cap down tight.

jackieheartsyou

I bought a WnW gel liner about 4 months ago and finally got to use it last week and it was still nice and creamy. I assume that if you leave the lid on tight it should hold for a while.

RedRibbon

I have Bobbi Brown gel liners and Stila Smudgepots.

The BB liner has been with me for about two years now and is just as smooth and creamy as the day I got it. I have been using it since day one, I think the key is just to keep the lid shut tight when not using it. I load up my brush, close the lid and use it and reopen if needs be.

The smudgepots have been a bit different, they are deffo not as creamy and smooth as the BB liners and need more work. I would suggest that (as is my experience) if you have a smudgepot then try to keep it as cool as possible. Mine has been in the drawer and has gotten a bit drier since I had it but it was back to its usual self after a quick spot of chilling in the fridge.

Also, a cautionary note, make sure you don't leave it in the fridge for too long as it WILL harden and will need to warm up naturally.