General Chanel Chat

coconut

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

stv578 - The Hydramax comes in a cream, a gel cream, a tinted moisturizer, and a serum. I think those are all the forms. I use the cream vs. the gel cream because my skin is quite normal/dry (gel would probably be better for normal/oily) and am thinking of using the serum (in addition to the cream) in the winter. There is also the new Nutritive Hydramax moisturizer, which I haven't tried, but Elegant has and likes it. I'm still not really clear what it does over the old version, though. Additional hydrating properties I think? I was hoping it would have some kind of "nutrition" in it that would work for anti-aging properties, but I'm not sure that's what it is. Good to hear that the Retin-A side effects can be minimal. Let me know what the strength you use is when you get home.

Purple - Welcome!! How do you like Mythic? I want that one!

coconut

Bonitinha - Thanks for your input on the Retin-A! Now that you say it helps with clearing out pores, I am listening! I would definitely start with lowest prescription strength possible. Actually, I wonder about trying some over-the-counter types. For example, I know Philosophy sells retinol products. I do like their skincare products. If Chanel did, then I might be in trouble!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
You will LOVE it! It looks just like this picture on Sabrina's blog, except round/baked since it's not US:

Chanel+Eyeshadow+Quads+Set+3.jpg (image)

I'm in love with the very pale lavender and caramel shades!

Was looking at the pic and I noticed the quad Songes. I have it from the Think Pink collection, and the e/s are round, not square like this, but the colours aren't the same. My Songes consists of a pale pink with gold shimmer, a matte beige, a silvery pink and a dark brown black.
th_dunno.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Was looking at the pic and I noticed the quad Songes. I have it from the Think Pink collection, and the e/s are round, not square like this, but the colours aren't the same. My Songes consists of a pale pink with gold shimmer, a matte beige, a silvery pink and a dark brown black.
th_dunno.gif

Hmmm. Do you see another one on that page

The Beauty Look Book: All-In-One Convenience with Chanel Quadra Eye Shadows

that looks like your Songes? Maybe she mixed up 2 of them?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Elegant - I'm so glad you found your missing Ming! Today I thought I lost my sunglasses and they were mysteriously hiding, very secretly, on my head. It took me an hour to "find" them.

Awesome, go me.
th_crazy.gif

th_roll1.gif

oh girl you make me laugh so hard! ^That is me to a T...seriously
th_dunno.gif
th_LMAO.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
I have sensitive acne-prone skin. I am so sick of skincare companies marketing products for oily skin towards this skin type. I actually have normal-to-dry skin. I find the Hydramax moisturizer is perfect for this. I'm not too sure about the anti-aging properties, though.

I agree. I have normal/dry skin & the Hydramax moisturizer was THE FIRST moisturizer I could use without it breaking my skin out!
yes.gif

I love Rose Comete & moreso now, because the smell/taste is going away. The color is lovely on.

Quote:
Yep, I'm in the same boat with breakouts and normal/dry skin. I find Hydramax to work for me. I am interested in trying Retin-A but am afraid of the irritated, red, flaky skin and sun sensitivity. Maybe a serum targeted at anti-aging and a moisturizer that works for sensitive but normal/dry skin would be the answer! I have been toying with the idea of a serum, but was thinking of just going with Hydramax since I liked the sample.

I hear you - that is/was me. Hydramax has never ever broken my skin out. I hate having sensitive skin. Why can't the skin on our face be like the skin on the under side of our arms - its always smooth, has no visible pores & never breaks out
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

There is a np named Ming. It is the same shade as the laque.

Oh great, now I can get confused & put np on my lips & lip lauqer on my nails
tong.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Bonitinha - Thanks for your input on the Retin-A! Now that you say it helps with clearing out pores, I am listening! I would definitely start with lowest prescription strength possible. Actually, I wonder about trying some over-the-counter types. For example, I know Philosophy sells retinol products. I do like their skincare products. If Chanel did, then I might be in trouble!

I think the reason my skin was getting irritated is because some of the cleansers and moisturizers I was using had AHA's in them -- and in conjunction with the Retin-A -- it was overload with my skin. I think a lot of the over the counter products with Retinol work really well, too. My insurance doesn't cover dermatologist visits (over $100/visit) or Retin-A ($100/tube) -- so it gets very pricey for me! Let me know if you find any other retinol products you like. I am interested in some of these Chanel serums!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha

Elegant -- Do you have lots of quads or mainly singles? I have so many eyeshadows, yet I think I need quite a few of those quads!!

Not yet - of either.
smiles.gif
I have 3 quads & 1 single es. I can't remember the names - I'll go check
th_dunno.gif

EDIT: I have Trace - single es
Smokey, Kaska quads & New York Paris palette

Purple

Thank you very much for your warm welcome
winkiss.gif
!!
I think that my love for Chanel makeup will grow faster than I thought. I´m in love with my two Chanel lipsticks
love.gif
, gorgeous colors! Now I´m trying to find the right gloss for them, what do you recommend for Mythic and Beige Feline lipsticks?

Purple

Quote:
quote=coconut;1943371]stv578 - The Hydramax comes in a cream, a gel cream, a tinted moisturizer, and a serum. I think those are all the forms. I use the cream vs. the gel cream because my skin is quite normal/dry (gel would probably be better for normal/oily) and am thinking of using the serum (in addition to the cream) in the winter. There is also the new Nutritive Hydramax moisturizer, which I haven't tried, but Elegant has and likes it. I'm still not really clear what it does over the old version, though. Additional hydrating properties I think? I was hoping it would have some kind of "nutrition" in it that would work for anti-aging properties, but I'm not sure that's what it is. Good to hear that the Retin-A side effects can be minimal. Let me know what the strength you use is when you get home.

Purple - Welcome!! How do you like Mythic? I want that one!

I looooove Mythic
love.gif
very much!! I´m always in search of the perfect nude and I think I found the right one, specially to complement the smoky eyes look. I have a swatch of Mythic on my pigmented lips:
Attachment 11170

With flash:
Attachment 11171

Attachment 11172

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple
I looooove Mythic
love.gif
very much!! I´m always in search of the perfect nude and I think I found the right one, specially to complement the smoky eyes look. I have a swatch of Mythic on my pigmented lips:
Attachment 11170

With flash:
Attachment 11171

Attachment 11172

That looks lovely on you! It really is a perfect nude. Yay for smokey eyes
smiles.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple
Now I´m trying to find the right gloss for them, what do you recommend for Mythic and Beige Feline lipsticks?

Honestly, Mythic looks so nice on you, I would stick with something that doesn't really alter the colour but adds shimmer the days you feel like it. Futile is really nice, it was from the spring collection. I also have a sheer milky pink gloss with very subtle shimmer from GA that would work, #25 I think. But I personally prefer the glossimers, they're more lasting.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Not yet - of either.
smiles.gif
I have 3 quads & 1 single es. I can't remember the names - I'll go check
th_dunno.gif

EDIT: I have Trace - single es
Smokey, Kaska quads & New York Paris palette

I don't have any Chanel e/s (but a zillion from other brands). Do you like the Kaska quad? I have been eyeing Mystic Eyes and the Bleu Celeste -- and for neutral quads -- I've been looking at swatches for Dunes, Kaska, and Variations. So many shadows, so little time
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Yes, ^ she is right! I love the Kaska quad too.

Just got a new email from Chanel with some kind of new items. I swatched the Heather Rose eyeshadow & its a beauty. Like a heathery rosey mauvey plum color. It would be gorgeous with some smokey grey es.

I want Chanel to do the free shipping with any order again
ssad.gif

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Honestly, Mythic looks so nice on you, I would stick with something that doesn't really alter the colour but adds shimmer the days you feel like it. Futile is really nice, it was from the spring collection. I also have a sheer milky pink gloss with very subtle shimmer from GA that would work, #25 I think. But I personally prefer the glossimers, they're more lasting.

Thanks, I will check them
winkiss.gif

Camnagem

Wow...looking at that picture with all of the quads was dangerous! Now I want Dunes, Kaska and Dreams.
lol.gif

All of this talk/info about Retin-A is great, I really love this thread for so many reasons. Anyway, I used Philosophy's Help Me retinol night treatment a while back. I didn't have any irritation/flakies/redness at all, but I also didn't really see or feel any noticeable difference in my skin. Maybe I didn't use it for long enough, I know they say retinol takes a while of continued use to kick in.
th_dunno.gif

At any rate, I'm thinking of trying another version and my eyes are sort of set on Dermadoctor's Poetry in Lotion. Apparently it's much more potent, and should be started out only at night (as the sole product after cleansing), every other night or even less. I have zero experience in the brand but this product sounds like a powerhouse. Any of you tried this or anything else from the brand?

Here's a link to the product: Sephora: Dermadoctor POETRY in Lotion®: Aging

purrtykitty

Those quads are all so gorgeous, but I'm going to remain strong and hold out for the Enigma quad coming this fall. Hellooooo...purple annnnnd smokey taupe?! It's all a girl needs!!

Oh, and Momma Spy...I did a post on my blog today with my new Anthropologie top!
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Oh, and Momma Spy...I did a post on my blog today with my new Anthropologie top!
greengrin.gif

Oh & you are wearing the leopard shoes! The top & sweater are adorable on you!!! Love.
But mostly - this cracked me up " I'm rather top-heavy"
lol.gif
our favorite subject just never gets old
th_LMAO.gif

You look great - gutsy to post a body shot I must say. That teal nail polish job is amazing too.

I just got this so cute Anthro straw hat with a green burlap flower on it. I'm also into hats lately
th_dunno.gif

Yep, wants the Enigma quad desperately

elegant-one

Oh, this will totally crack you guys up.

I told you guys that I exfoliate with Chanel's Eclat in the peachy pink squeeze tube - well, OPI makes a smoothing pedicare lotion in almost the exact same size & color squeeze tube
lol.gif
you guessed it - I used the OPI pedicure lotion on my face instead
icon_eek.gif
No harm done I guess