Gentle, effective, noncomedogenic moisturizer for oily / combination skin?

Selene

I am looking for a good moisturizer to use on my face. My skin is normal to oily, but less oily in the cheek area than the t-zone. I am noticing some dryness, flakiness, and very slight irritation on my cheeks. I am trying to find a moisturizer that will help fix this.

I want something without SPF, because I only apply moisturizer where I need it, not all over my face. (I apply sunscreen separately on my whole face).

My skin is slightly acne prone, so I need something noncomedogenic, that won't cause breakouts.

I would also prefer something not too expensive, (i.e. priced like a drugstore brand), but I would be willing to splurge if I couldn't find anything cheaper that worked.

What would you recommend? Thanks.

cindysilver4

Well, I've been there, and done that. I've tried the Olay oil-free moisture, which I like (and is drugstore priced) but it wasn't great -- and it made me look more greasy after a few hours. I've tried Neutrogena, L'Oreal, etc etc etc... But I always go back to my cherished Lancome oil free moisturizer "Pure Focus Mattifying Moisture Lotion"
smiles.gif
It is the BEST non-comedegenic moisturizer for combo skin I've ever found. No sunscreen in it. It's REALLY pricey though, so perhaps try other things first -- but in my opinion, nothing else looks or feels like this stuff
smiles.gif

Hope this helps
smiles.gif
Sorry I haven't found a cheaper brand (that would be awesome for ME too!!) Sigh!

ebonyannette

I like Dermalogica Brand products alot, I have sensitive/oily skin and their active moist works good for me.

You may also want to try brands like Epicuren they are known for their natural ingredients.

I once had a moisturizer that I loved by Corrective Control Systems but its hard to find, its really light and good for summertime so if you can find that brand it might work well for you too.

A good thing to do is go to an Esthetician and they can recommend something for your skin type. For about $45 you can get a facial which will be good to help detoxify and they will most likely reccomend something for you.

kare31

I love Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer. My skin sounds similar to yours; my cheeks are dry and a bit flaky, and my nose and chin can get a bit oily.

My skin is easily irritated, and I have had no problems with any rashes or breakouts from the Kiehls moisturizer. It's available with or without sunscren; i prefer the kind without sunscreen, and use a separate sunscreen product.

mizzTruLe

i have combination/oily skin too. I love the clinique moisturizer im using. Not greasy at all..and it doesnt have an spf. It's about 20 bucks. One bottle will probably last you 2 months. I use it everyday before i put on my makeup. it's called "clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel" The description on the back reads "Our finest moisture "drink" you can give your face and throat. This lightweight, oil-free gel works to soften, smooth and improve the texture and condition of your skin" Hope that helps!

lara

For your T-zone, check out the tea tree moisturising gel from The Body Shop. I recommend this to all my clients and get rave reviews back from them. Moisturising but very light and encourages eveness on combination skin.
For your cheeks, use a light oil-free cream moisturiser until the dehydration evens itself out.

Copper_Sparkle

It's pricey, but, a blob of Clinique Moisture Surge gel is great for oily skin that needs some moisture.

I'm also quite fond of Decleor's Ylang-Ylang oil. Terribly expensive, but, you use two drops a day and it's fantastic for sorting out combo/oily skin.

lalala13

Hey

I really like H2O Plus Face Oasis hydrating treatment - it's a gel - but it's a bit pricey...I pay around $48 canadian for it. And it's good cuz you can always layer on more if you need it and your face won't be sticky (well mine isn't anyway). They also have a shine neutralizing version...but I haven't tried it so I don't know how that works.

Hope that helps.

MACtastic

I second Lara's suggestion for the Tea Tree Oil Mattifying Moisture Gel. I have gotten quite a few customers hooked
greengrin.gif
. Be sure to only use a small amount, and let it sink in a bit before you do your makeup.