Getting Black Polish Off..Help!

Jade

I have been wearing OPI's Black Onyx now for 3 days, I have been trying to get it off all morning. I have been using Cutex nailpolish remover but the polish just wont seem to come completely off, and my fingernails look terrible. It's kinda stuck on the sides (like between my nail and the skin). The remover just doesn't seem to be removing it all. Any suggestions? I have to go to work in 2 hours. Thanx
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

The Sephora brand polish remover is pretty strong. IMO, it works better than Cutex.

You could use a buff or lightly file off the stained part, but this may damage your nails somewhat. I guess it comes down to what is more of a necessity.

You could paint over them with a darker colour like burgundy or red.

I've heard that soaking them in some hydrogen peroxide and a bit of warm water helps lessen a stain.

Did you wear a clear base coat? That makes it sooo much easier to remove darker polishes and avoid staining.

MiCHiE

In the future, use pure acetone and then followup with some cuticle oil/balm. Most polish removers contain oils to not dry out the nails, but it also inhibits removal of darker colors.