Getting postcards/invites from MAC?

Amber

I've asked at the Nordstroms and Hechts counters here but I never can get a definitive answer. I also tried searching on here but couldn't come up with anything so bear with me...

I know some people get invites to events or at the very least flyers/postcards announcing the new collections in the mail. How do I get on that mailing list? I have bought stuff from the MAC website and tons of stuff from the counters here. Is it because I haven't bought anything from a freestanding store? Anyone know how I can get my name on this list? I collect the postcards when I can but our counters hardly ever get any, and I never hear of events until after they happen!

Thanks in advance... clue me in!

trishee03

I don't know but my Mom got an invite for the Holiday stuff and I didn't. She rarely buys anything so I don't know what the deal is.

sigwing

Maybe it's connected to the store's charge card? I signed up with the Clinique counter once and got a card or 2. Maybe it has to do with the salespeople going through their mail list & getting them sent out?

On the MAC site, there is a thing to click to sign up to receive word about the Holiday stuff, main page in the upper left corner. That's just an email, tho.

glittergoddess27

Nope,.. I only get them sporadically. I had them put me on the mailing list at a freestanding store and Nordies,..I never get anything for the Nordies promos. I did get the mailing for Naturally Eccentric,.. and I just got a beautiful postcard for the Oranamentalism stuff coming out on Oct 20th. It took them about 2 years to actually start sending me things,..... sad but true,.. I had to keep on them every time at the freestanding.

Amber

I wonder if the counters send anything out at all? Probably not, I'm guessing. We don't have a freestanding store close by unfortunately.
ssad.gif

patentg33k

Mailing list

My mailings list the return addy as a Pro Store from which I had made purchases. I had done a mail order from them, I think that is how they got my address. I've shopped at other Pro and freestanding stores in other geographic areas, however, I have NOT gotten on those mailings. NO mailings from Nordstrom. I think it takes an SA who is on the ball to put you in the list.

CaliKris

I am going in today, I was going to ask my MA about this anyways. I will let you know what I find out. I have only gotten one invite in the mail. It is weird, very random!

Amber

Thanks for all the info! CaliKris I'm curious to hear what they have to say, thanks for asking!

MACgirl

my sis just got a cute invite to ornementilsm and i didnt, i spend way more thier! BUT a year ago i took in my other sis to get soem stuff she used her credit card and abotu 2 months later she got an invite, i know my sister who got her invite today uses her card at mac so maybe they only send thier invites or promos to credit card holders? just a though since i dont have a credit card and never recived anything....ooo btw im so excite that not only ornmentalism is coming out but the viva glam pallet will too! at least thats what it said...

LivinginPink

I'd like to know as well. I asked on another board and no one replied. If it has to be a certian spending amount then I am sure I am so far surpast it!

kare31

I never received any postcards until naturally eccentric. I'd been buying MAC in substantial quantities for four years, had been put on the list/in the computer at 2 counters, 2 stores, and a pro-store. Then I had my name put in the computer at the Nashville freestanding, and bang I started getting mailings. I really think the mailing lists are totally random. I dont think it has to with spending or anything.

ledonatella

I get invites but I have a PPID card, plus I've signed up for classes so I don't kow if that makes a diff. too
smiles.gif

Alex

I can tell you its definitely NOT related to spending because my friend who spends an obscene amount of money at MAC never gets them and a mutual friend of ours who buys a couple things every month or two gets them!

I have received postcards in the mail from a freestanding Bay counter, and from a local PRO store, and ones that are coming from the States even though I live in Canada!

I don't know what inspires them to send out, but I think Sigwing may be right about signing up for a card, because it seems like since I signed up for a HBC card the postcards have come from the Bay regularly. The ones I get from the freestanding Bay counter are the secondary cards which differ from those handed out at the counter (e.g. horizontal shots instead of vertical) which is very exciting!

niecypiecy

I ordered from the site for a few years and never got one but when a counter opened up within a few hours of me I started purchasing there and ordering through them (cheaper shipping). I got my first invite the other day so my guess would be that it's the actual MAC stores that send them out. HTH!

FlaLadyB

One of the last visits I made to the MAC store was to ask to be put on their mailing list for openings...and she added my name to a book they had at the counter. I got one for Ornamentalism in the mail and the invite to the opening on the 20th- how I got the books for Summer and Madame Butterfly is beyond me, but I am sooo glad I did!