Getting the same effect with other products as with MSF?

sallytheragdol

Is the effect a MSF lends achievable with any other kind of shimmer product? Like with a very finely milled pigment for example(such as Vanilla or Pink Opal), couldn't you get basically the same effect? Or do you really think that kind of glow is exclusive to the skinfinishes?

Corvs Queen

I think that it's possible to dupe the look of the MSF's with pigment. I actually use Pearlette Pearlizer over a blush and I like it waaaaaaaaaay more than the MSF's I have. (Naked You and Petticoat). Just a personal preference I suppose. Actually, now that I think of it, I hardly ever use my MSF's.

mandirigma

some... ie. the ones mentioned in the other post. i think the lighter MSF's like shimpagne and new vegas are easier to duplicate with the lighter pigments and shadows, and i've heard that golden bronze IP is a reasonable facsimile for gold deposit (have both but never swatched them together). msf's like stereo rose and porcelain pink can be easily duped with regular blushes, IMO.

but petticoat, i don't know. i can't think of anything that would give the same glow and iridescence.