Girls its time for a bit of body confidence!

kimmy

this thing goes both ways. i'm 5'7" and have never weighed more than 111lbs. i've also never been on a diet or had an eating disorder. i also don't give a damn who says "real women have curves" because your body shape doesn't have anything to do with your worth as a human...never has, never will.

that's great that people want to empower the curvy ladies, but there's still girls that will never be curvy no matter what, and i think discounting us based solely on our shape doesn't make anything better, if anything it just makes it worse.

IDontKnowMomo

I hate when people imply that curves are healthy like there aren't naturally tiny people. I'm 5' and 95-100 lb.;-; I always feel silly when I see threads like this.

KellyBean

I agree with what everyone's been saying. As long as you're healthy and you take care of yourself (in terms of eating right, excercising, drinking 8 cups of water a day) and your doctor is fine with your weight, size shouldn't matter.

Of course, the truth is that everyone has flaws. I don't think that the point of this thread was to discriminate against anyone, but to instead make everyone appreciate their best features! Most people, when looking in the mirror, will only focus on bits of fat, bones, cellulite, undereye circles, flab, sagging, etc. However, everyone should at least try to concentrate on their better aspects (good skin, pretty eyes, nice hands, tight abs, perky butt, muscular arms, cute bellybutton, whatever it is) I swear, it's not all negative!

darkishstar

I don't have curves! And it's always made me unhappy. Funny thing is, I think a lot of women have a selective way of seeing celebrities. I never saw the thin being celebrated, personally. I always saw the women who had breasts and a nice butt be celebrated, and I don't have either! I'm 5'4.75" and 110 pounds and most def a 34A. I'm still sad about it, but somehow we always want what others have, I know a lot of girls with big breasts who want what I have. So in the end, even if we change ourselves to fit whatever standard, we're not going to be happy. So might as well stay as how we are, and learn to love it.
smiles.gif

That being said. I was a victim of anorexia nervosa before. I was pretty much the same height in sophomore year of high school and I finally snapped out of it, when the scale read 85 pounds. I don't blame the media, but my own insecurities and stresses during that period in my life.

However, I think for a lot of cases today, it's because of the media that a lot of younger girls can't accept themselves for how they are.