Glissade just doesn't work for me

geeko

UNFOrtunately, although i'm a NC20, i just couldn't get glissade to work for me....i used my 129 to pick up the pigments (129 supposedly picks up more color than 187) but i just couldn't get the color to show on me....

damnit.jpg

it works better when layered over other peach based blushers. All u can see on my face is one patch of the slightest pinkish glow...that's it. couldnt put on any more as it was starting to get frosty..

i wonder if other people have the same problems as me...

and my camera sucks...and i wasn't even taking this pic with a flash

LMcConnell18

i just recently started wearing mac cosmetics, so im not too familiar with all the names and numbers yet. But i wear either NC25 or NC30 [i dont remember because i lost the damn thing after having it for 2 days] and i bought refined golden bronzer to wear as a blush. it looks awesome, and its not too pink. i look fake when i wear pink blushes. just thought this tip might be helpful since we aren't that far apart in color.
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

I think it looks pretty but very subtle! Don't be afraid to layer it to get a little more color to show up though. I find that if I layer it and then just sweep a layer of powder over it (like with normal blush) and then put one layer on top of the extra powder it tones down the frostiness, keep the color and helps it stay.

Teal

i use guerlain bronzer sweep that over ure cheeks then a nyc soft brush of glissade will give it a good high rise effect
smiles.gif

Shawna

If Nars orgasm works for you, try using that as your blush and then use Glissade to highlight. It is gorgeous
smiles.gif

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupnewbie
UNFOrtunately, although i'm a NC20, i just couldn't get glissade to work for me....i used my 129 to pick up the pigments (129 supposedly picks up more color than 187) but i just couldn't get the color to show on me....

damnit.jpg

it works better when layered over other peach based blushers. All u can see on my face is one patch of the slightest pinkish glow...that's it. couldnt put on any more as it was starting to get frosty..

i wonder if other people have the same problems as me...

and my camera sucks...and i wasn't even taking this pic with a flash

have you tried wearing glissade wet?
It doesn't show up for me either. LOL.
But yeah, PP doesn't show up on me, but when used wet it definitely shows up on me and it's HOT.
So yeah, try it wet.
smiles.gif

Try it as a cheek highlight with a 182 brush. It's really pretty. I'm a NC15, and that is how I use it. I have also used it wet in my brow highlight and it's really pretty!

hyperRealGurl

IMO MSF's are to be worn to give ur face 1: either a glow 2: or for a all over highlight.... im not sure if Glissade is ment to be worn as a (color) if u would say but to be used as a highligh either over ur cheek bone over a blush color.. or as a higlight to ur brow area... or over ur fndn to give ur face an all over glow.... personally i can see where u applied it...

DaizyDeath

Glasside isnt meant to be worn as a color its meant to be an all over highlighter so it looks like its working fine from the picture. You can put some blush on and then put it ontop to get the glowey look. I dont know what color you thought you were going to get from it but if it gave off color it would look seriously odd with blues greens and pinks haha

girlstar

That's weird, I'm NW15 and Glissade shows up bright on me. I use it and Porcelain Pink on my cheeks. All over, and I would look sunburnt. I use a 188 brush to apply though. I can't see the 129 picking up enough colour.. but that's just my opinion!

..kels*

i can see it! your skin looks fresh & glowy. but if you want more colour to go with the MSF effect, try putting a blush underneath. someone else mentioned that NARS orgasm works well with glissade.

geeko

thanks girls...i put a few layers...on it..but i got was shimmers.(couldn't put anymore, as it was starting to get a little frosty) i'm going to heed the advice of u girls and wear a peach based blush beneath it (i heard some people wore it as blusher alone and it appeared on them, that's why i tried wearing it alone...unfortunately it doesn't work as a blusher on me)

once again thanks for the tips.

try a harder brush like the 109 and you may need something for it to hold onto. They tend to be larger particles of pigment ( because they are not jet milled like blushes and bronzers) so the sit on top op the skin. You may want to try a cream blush in a light color ( Uncommon is great) just to give it something to grab onto. Another kinda neat thing about this trick is that which ever different color blushcream ( or even a cream color base) you use will change the look.

geeko

i had another go at glissade but this time round with summer lily blushcreme as a base

summerlilyglissade.jpg

hyperRealGurl

have u tried putting it over LadyBlush its a really pretty pink creamblush by MAC and apply a touch of Glissade over to give it some highlight.. or u might want to try Sweet William...

Teal

hey try that bronzer out. its great, then apply the glissade over it, it will really set ure cheeks off
smiles.gif

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
have u tried putting it over LadyBlush its a really pretty pink creamblush by MAC and apply a touch of Glissade over to give it some highlight.. or u might want to try Sweet William...

I used to do Sweet William with PP, and it looked really good.

geeko

thanks all, i've sweet william so i'll do glissade over sweet william...

and i've been neglecting my porcelain pink ..... i think it's high time to use it sometime again soon...

pink_candy

yeah true. it doesnt show up on me either.
that is if i put it with nothing else.. just gives me a glow.. which is nice actually..
well... u can try so many different things.
1-you can layer it with blushes, and u never know, u may end up with something spectacular!!! i tried it with nars orgasm blush and it worked very well! and i so want to try it with dollymix... and ill see how that goes.
2-u can always apply it on the apples of ur cheeks
greengrin.gif

3-over a light or dark CCB
4-all over for a glowyy kind of look