Good drugstore nail polish?

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
I love the mini-bottles from Mavala, they're cheap, come in lots of colours, stay on well for a couple of days and you'll acctually have time to use up the whole bottle before it dries out
smiles.gif

I like Mavala as well, not sure you can get it in the States though. Got one as a gift, very very good. Also, their hand cream is one of the best I've ever tried
yahoo.gif

kimmy

i'm still a firm believer in sally hansen hard as wraps nailpolish. i love the sheer beige gloss. but other than that, i really like covergirl nailslicks!

BonnieBabe<3

NYC nail polishes SUCK! lol they chip after a day =| omg I thought it was a good brand for nailpolish but noope!

user79

Well I tried a Wet & Wild one...it sucked, very streaky. Avoid.

I tried a super cheap German brand called Essence, it is awesome! Lasted super long without chipping, although the colour range is very limited.

Sound Of Vision

I love Bourjois nail polish!! It's cheap (around $9), big packaging, good range of colors, often new colors in l/e/collections, nice brush, nice texture, dries fast, lasts long (5-7 days before chipping).
Now they have some new brush, it looks like fan brush for face, lol. It's wide and thinner so it covers whole nail. They have matte, shimmery, neutral line, as well as care line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I tried a super cheap German brand called Essence, it is awesome! Lasted super long without chipping, although the colour range is very limited.

We have Essence here too! So, nail polish is good? I use their baby kabuki brush, silver sparkly mascara, and eyeshadow highlighter.

anaibb

Nivea Beauté are great as they last at least a week...and I use the "fast dry" ones which get me ready in minutes!

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I have a favorite base coat and top coat at the drugstore. It's called Total Nail Rx. The base coat is salmon colored and has the words, "fill me in", under the title of the product. The top coat is clear and under the title of the product is the words, "shine on".

I use this too. I use the pink one and it really helps keep my nails from tearing and makes my polish stay on longer.

As for nailpolishes, I like Rimmel and Nicole.

Moonspell

I love Dote nail polishes.
It's a brazilian brand, very cheap and last a very long time.
I have mine with the same colour almost a weak and still look decent.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Vision
I love Bourjois nail polish!! It's cheap (around $9), big packaging, good range of colors, often new colors in l/e/collections, nice brush, nice texture, dries fast, lasts long (5-7 days before chipping).
Now they have some new brush, it looks like fan brush for face, lol. It's wide and thinner so it covers whole nail. They have matte, shimmery, neutral line, as well as care line.

We have Essence here too! So, nail polish is good? I use their baby kabuki brush, silver sparkly mascara, and eyeshadow highlighter.

I've wanted to try the Bourjois ones, although they are pretty pricey here!

The Essence one I have is Nr. 32 Moonlight Secret, it's a nude coffee shade and it's good. I didn't see too many other colours I liked, though.

Any European ladies tried Alessandro polishes? How are they? I think it's a German brand. They have some awesome colours!! Much brighter than most drugstore shades. But again, not so cheap like other drugstore brands.

Also, for Euro ladies, Dikla Nail hardener is amazing!! This makes my nailpolish last so much longer and really does harden my nails.

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I've wanted to try the Bourjois ones, although they are pretty pricey here!

The Essence one I have is Nr. 32 Moonlight Secret, it's a nude coffee shade and it's good. I didn't see too many other colours I liked, though.

Any European ladies tried Alessandro polishes? How are they? I think it's a German brand. They have some awesome colours!! Much brighter than most drugstore shades. But again, not so cheap like other drugstore brands.

Also, for Euro ladies, Dikla Nail hardener is amazing!! This makes my nailpolish last so much longer and really does harden my nails.

They are not really pricey here (unless you think $8-9 is pricey). (btw, if anyone needs me to buy and send them some...
winks.gif
)

To me Collistar is pricey - Btw they have awesome polishes, color and quality!)

And yes, we've got Alessandro! Nice range of colors! It is used in professional manicure. Same price as Bourjois.

I never tried Dikla...

And have anyone heard of Mavala? I have their nail polish thinner. It's pricey brand but I got this on 50% discount.
greengrin.gif
They have care lines, not sure about colors.

MissChievous, do you have d.m. there? I think their S-he polishes are not bad, neither are Manhattan. (from Dr. Sheller)

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Vision

And have anyone heard of Mavala? I have their nail polish thinner. It pricey brands but I got this on 50% discount.
greengrin.gif
They have care lines, not sure about colors.

Yes, it's a really good (if not the best) brand for nails care, it's from Switzerland. I have their cuticle cream, cuticle remover, a great thinner for nail polish and their awesome ridge filler. I also bought their French manicure kit! They have a good choice of colours and the bottles are not too big (5 ml) so it's easy to finish it, no waste of product with those!

Bourjois is a really good drugstore brand (around 6-7€ in France) and it lasts quite a few days without chipping and I really like Gemey Maybelline also.

I was really disappointed by Rimmel lasting finish "lycra wear" nail polish: I bought n° 286 "Oyster Pink" which seemed a really nice pastel pink at first... actually it's an awful transparent pinky polish, you can even see your entire nail through it and I just don't like it at all!! I can totally see the "Oyster" side of the colour... eeek, what a bad purchase
thmbdn.gif

blazeno.8

Revlon
Milani
Sinful

These three all have a good color range. I'm someone who doesn't really care about chipping because a good top coat can help solve that. I use Wet 'n' Wild's Crystallic Calcium enriched Speed Zone top coat. I don't know if it's sold anymore though.

user79

Bourjouis and Alessandro are kind of pricey here, well for drugstore polishes, I think so. I think Alessandro is a bit more...but they have some nice colours, I think I will try it out. Is Alessandro comparable with something like OPI or Essie from the USA?

Mavala...strange, I've never seen this brand in shops before. Maybe I overlooked it.

Sound Of Vision

Well, cheaper than Bourjois and Alessandro, at least here, are Manhattan and S-he. Nivea's polishes are more expensive than Bourjois/Alessandro!

And Mavala is more like OPI, than Bourjois or Alessandro. I don't think they have any product that is cheaper than $10.

But check out Mavala, definetely!

And I can't wait to try new Bourjois' brushes!

makeupgrl8

I love China Glaze brand. There are soooo many beautiful colors. It doesn't hurt that I got them last week, buy one get one free, so I snagged quite a few.

_ohmygosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Does OPI count? I technically can find that in a drugstore, as well as Orly.

I do like Revlon and haven't had problems with the brush.

I was actually about to ask whether OPI and Orly hahaha. Love them!
smiles.gif

user79

So I tried Mavala in the shade "Sorbet" and I am really liking it so far. The bottles are tiny but are actually cheaper than Bourjouis here in Switzerland, when you calculate price per ml. It stays on a long time! I can't wait to try more shades.
smiles.gif

shoppingisme

sally hansen hard as nails wraps w/acrylic - salon formula. they last a long time and have great colors. most recently, i have one milani color, and one wet and wild -- their black polish is great. i have some really old polishes i bought a few years ago - prob need to throw them out but they are still good -- not separating, smelling, etc. but mostly it's sally when i do drug store though i'm a 90% faithful opi gal.

2780_11.jpg