Green and golden

mandragora

Here's my TGIF look (a day late and a dollar short *snerk*). I tried my new Metal-X cream shadow Pure Ore again. It creased horribly by midday. I love this color and I want to make it work. Got any tips on how to make the cream shadows stay on longer w/o creasing? I had UDPP on as base.

Anyway, here's what I used.

FACE-
Revlon Skinlights Diffusing Tints foundation in Beige
L'Oreal Mineral foundation powder in Natural Beige
CoverGirl concealer in Medium
Flirt! Peek-a-blush in Hearthrob
MAC Glissade MSF

EYES-
UDPP
MAC Pure Ore Metal-X ce/s - all over lid
MAC Swimming e/s - outer third of lid and crease
MAC Humid e/s - outer corner, pulled lightly towards crease
MAC Black Tied e/s - outer corner, pulled lightly towards crease, over Humid
MAC Shroom e/s - highlight
MAC Embark e/s - brows
MAC Orpheus Kohl Power e/l - upper, lower lashline and waterline
Revlon Luxurious Lengths mascara in Black

LIPS-
NARS Dolce Vita l/s

greengolden2.jpg

greengolden3.jpg

greengolden1.jpg

Thanks for looking
rasta.gif

Briar

Those colors look gorgeous together, and on your lovely skin.

I have no advice about the cream shadows. I've been wanting to try Metal-X but have held off so far because lots of people have been saying they're having similar creasing and application trouble. They're soooo pretty though.

MACATTAK

Gorgeous look! I agree with Briar. I'm not going to purchase any of these because of the creasing factor. I already have oilier lids, so this would be a bad combo on me. It's too bad they look like great colors!

mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
Those colors look gorgeous together, and on your lovely skin.
I have no advice about the cream shadows. I've been wanting to try Metal-X but have held off so far because lots of people have been saying they're having similar creasing and application trouble. They're soooo pretty though.

Thanks for the compliments, specially about the skin. I've had skin issues since puberty, having unblemished skin has been an unattainable dream. I've got only Pure Ore so far, and the creasing is what's preventing me from getting more. Too bad, 'cause the colors are really impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisantiss
very pretty

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpink1326
I love these colors on you!!! They look HOT with your skin tone
th_drool.gif

Thank you! You're like my m/u idol
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
I agree with Carly, these colors look pretty on you!!!

Thanks Ladyvirtuous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
very pretty!

Thanks nunu. I love your tutorials btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Gorgeous look! I agree with Briar. I'm not going to purchase any of these because of the creasing factor. I already have oilier lids, so this would be a bad combo on me. It's too bad they look like great colors!

Thanks Macattak. They are great colors, if only there's a way for them to stay true longer *sigh*. Thanks for your input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Gorgeous colors!!

Thank you Krasevayadancer.

pichima

you look fantastic! pitty that the cream shadow creased-- have you tried using a paint pot under it? i use bare study with my (other branded) cream shadows and it works ^^

mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsugar7
Looks beautiful.

Thanks moonsugar7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichima
you look fantastic! pitty that the cream shadow creased-- have you tried using a paint pot under it? i use bare study with my (other branded) cream shadows and it works ^^

Thank you. And I'll try layering it over Rubenesque and see if it works. Thanks for this tip too
smiles.gif

makeba

Nice colors. they look great on you. Why not try Bare canvas paint and see if that will help with the creasing. someone had tried UDPP, then put on a MAc paint(not the paint pots), and then used the cream shadows and she said she did not have any problems. i am not sure of the color of paint she used though.

Purity

I love that color combo
smiles.gif
Very similar to what I'm wearing today, as a matter of fact!

mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYGIRL26
This is nice, I love it.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
Ooooooooo I like...nicely done girl!

Thanks n_c
smiles.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
Nice colors. they look great on you. Why not try Bare canvas paint and see if that will help with the creasing. someone had tried UDPP, then put on a MAc paint(not the paint pots), and then used the cream shadows and she said she did not have any problems. i am not sure of the color of paint she used though.

I don't have any paints at the mo, but I have Rubenesque p/p. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll spring for a tube of paint. Thanks for the compliment and the tip
winkiss.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
I love that color combo
smiles.gif
Very similar to what I'm wearing today, as a matter of fact!

You must post it sometime
smiles.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbonroz
Looks beautiful!! I really love the colors!! I was wearing exactly the same today, actually...
btw there are some advice here about the creasing problem with metal-x e/s http://specktra.net/f165/metal-x-cre...78/#post936801 HTH!

Thank you! And thanks for that thread, so many good suggestions to try. I really wanted to keep Pure Ore.