Grrrrr!! *rant!*

Nicala

I'm so mad right now that it's not even funny.

So, Thursday I went in a salon to get my hair permanently straightened. I've had this process done before at another salon with another hairstylist who unfortunately moved. Also, she charged about $200ish, which is a bit much right now to pay for getting my hair permanently straightened (I'm 16). hat being said, this place by my house where we recently moved cost $85 dollars. I asked what product they used for it and I was just told "It's a hair relaxer". Prior to starting, she told me that my hair wouldn't be completely straight but it would be slightly wavy, which I was more than fine with. So the process was completely different from my other stylist (her process was about 6 hours in total). At this salon, it took about less than two hours and she put product in my hair and kept combing my hair. She kept combing my hair the entire time. After she washes it out, she blow dries my hair straight and sprayed a lot (and I mean A LOT!) of that hair shine spray. My hair looked greasy and I was told to not wash it for 2 days.

I wash my hair today and my hair is exactly the same. BUT, it's extremely damaged and frizzier than my hair was before it. If I touch my hair, it feels like straw. My mom is furious, as am I so shes planning to take me back to the salon on Monday to see if they can either fix it or refund her money back (which I doubt they will do).

I don't think my hair has ever been this badly damaged ever. It was over a year since the last time I had my hair permanently straightened and when I had it done last year, my hair wasn't damaged and I didn't need to cut it right away.

I don't want to cut my hair really short because of my hair being extremely damaged from this. Any recommendations on what I should do? :/

MissAlexisDDD

Unfortunetly you may have to cut it. Because it's so damaged, even if it does get fixed, it will never be completely the same. Try putting a reconstructor in your hair, it will help with the dryness.

I hope you get you're money back. I'd demand that AND have them fix it or threaten to tell people about your experience. They don't want that bad rep so they'll pretty much try everything to make you happy.

Nicala

Do you recommend any reconstructors?

I hope we get our money back too. Especially when moneys too tight right now. :/

Caderas

that's really unfortunate! it sounds like she didn't use a relaxer at all.. if not, you're hair might just have the right texture that the relaxer doesn't effect it good enough. (i'm doing cosmetology school and one of the girls in my class had that problem) and good luck with getting your money back! it sounds like they didn't know what the hell they were doing. unfortunately, some stylists out there are just getting money and have no talent whatsoever.

i don't know a treatment specifically for that off the top of my head, but i'd definitely try some Moroccan oil!! <3

Rachie285

First thing you need to do is go back to the salon and tell them you want to know what they used. Make them show you the package. With out knowing what they used its hard to say exactly whats going on. I have had girls come into the salon trying to get a chemical service (i am bio ionic certified) and have no idea what was used in there hair prior times it was straighten. It sounds like she the new person you went to may have used a different chemical then what you had previously and when the two mixed it damaged your hair. Its really important to always know what a stylist uses in your hair for a chemical service so you can tell the next stylist to prevent additional damage.

nursee81

it sounds like they may have used some kind of keratin treatment. i would go back and find out what they used

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie285
First thing you need to do is go back to the salon and tell them you want to know what they used. Make them show you the package. With out knowing what they used its hard to say exactly whats going on. I have had girls come into the salon trying to get a chemical service (i am bio ionic certified) and have no idea what was used in there hair prior times it was straighten. It sounds like she the new person you went to may have used a different chemical then what you had previously and when the two mixed it damaged your hair. Its really important to always know what a stylist uses in your hair for a chemical service so you can tell the next stylist to prevent additional damage.

We asked what brand she used and all she said was a hair straightening product. My prior hair stylist used the system from Matrix. I think this stylist used the hair relaxer "Proclaim" from Sallys. I noticed quite a few of the products they used were from Sallys. I going tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. :/

LMD84

i hope that you get something sorted for your hair soon
ssad.gif
th_hug.gif
maybe try putting olive oil on it might help the frizz? leave it in over night and then wash out the next day.

Rachie285

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
We asked what brand she used and all she said was a hair straightening product. My prior hair stylist used the system from Matrix. I think this stylist used the hair relaxer "Proclaim" from Sallys. I noticed quite a few of the products they used were from Sallys. I going tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. :/

Wow that is pretty darn unprofessional. Good luck.

Kayteuk

Keep us updated
ssad.gif
Thats so bad...I would just want to scream at them forever if they did that to my hair!

Nicala

Alright, so I washed my hair yesterday and it wasn't AS bad as it was on Saturday. I went in yesterday too, the lady said that she didn't touch the part I previously had straightened before and didn't want to leave it in too long because the bottom might break off. She said she's going to re straighten it for me for free and leave it in longer. So I'm going back in 2 weeks to do it again and hope it actually works. We went to Sally's too and bought a l'oreal treatment for chemically treated hair. I'm going to go put the treatment in right now and hope my hair gets in better condition. T_T

marusia

Hi! I have platinum hair right now, and I'm constantly deep conditioning it...Go to the salon in walmart or basically any salon and see if you can find a box by Redken called Extreme Deep Fuel. It's a box with 5 applications for "durable strengthening treatment for very distressed hair". It's one of my secrets to keeping my hair looking healthy instead of like bleached straw.
smiles.gif
Keep us posted!