*Gym hair*

User67

Okay, so here is a questions especially for the ladies with African American hair. For those of you who work out on a regular basis, how do you keep your hair looking good? We can't wash our hair every day, so how do you keep it looking fresh, instead of frizzy & jacked up after a long sweaty work out? I just started working out & my hair gets kind of frizzy around the edges because of the sweat. I'm not sure how to keep it looking nice on the days when I'm not going to wash it. Any tips?

MACLovin

Have you ever tried dry shampoo? I just discovered the awesomeness of Batiste, you can get it at Sally's for about $7.50 a can.

I don't have African American hair, but mine is curly/frizzy and dry, and when I straighten it, I only wash it like once every 3-4 days or so. This stuff helps IMMENSELY, even if I'm kind of sweating a little around the hairline and start to see some frizz. once your hair is dry, spray a little at the roots, let it sit for a few seconds then rub it into your scalp so it can absorb the oils and what not. Then I just brush it out and touch up with the flat iron..

HTH! I'd really recommend this stuff, it works great. Just be sure if you have dark hair to do it in sections because if you don't rub/brush it out thoroughly it can leave your hair kinda grayish looking.. but that doesn't deter me, it really does what it's supposed to do.
greengrin.gif

carandru

Depending on how much you sweat and the length of your hair, I would say wrapping it is probably the best way to go. Since you have short hair, I would think you could wrap the top and brush the nape and side down really really well. Maybe even apply a little pomade to give it a little holding power and then tie it down w/ a silk scarf.

Biggest thing would be to make sure your hair is dry before you remove your scarf... or that you are about to do something to dry it if you remove it before its dry. If not, you will be pretty much in the same boat you are now, lol.

TISH1124

I wrap my hair when I am working out...I am known as the bandana girl....and Like Carandru states I do not take it off until it is dry...normally after I have showered and sometimes it is still on the next morning when I wake up.....

belle89

I keep my hair in either a ponytails or pin curls. I have found that pin curls are most effective.

Macnarsandlove

i have short hair and I just recently started working out and I wrap it up. Also sometimes I wear a headbad so my edges dont get too messed up and have a towel handy to wipe away sweat. I like the last way I mentioned better cause I sweat a lot and the scarf leaves my hair soaked.

User67

Thanks so much ladies, you have all given me some really great tips! Oh & I am def going to check out that dry shampoo!

I use this mixture I made of coconut oil and jojoba oil and make sure my hair is well moisturized by it. Then I wrap it using a head wrap. You can also use a handband to keep the edges of your hair tamed.