Had my 1st/2nd interview with Lancome (a little long))

yinandyang

I was at the Beverly Centre in LA yesterday for an interview.. There were a few other girls there being interviewed as well but not as many as I expected.
So anyways I met with a super nice girl and she basically asked what I did at each of my jobs and gave me a few scenarios. I thought I did ok and apparently I was right, because she said they definetly wanted me for a counter position, but the regional execs were late so they weren't there to talk to me and tell me which ones.

So I leave the store and get back on the road - and of course my mobile rings! It's the same girl I talked with and she invited me back to talk to an executive. I was so excited.

So I went back and talked with her (a very nice woman) and she gave me some scenarios and trick questions then briefed me on what I would learn in training and what my job duties would be like. Then she proceeded to tell me she wanted me for a position in a really nice location, but sadly it was not a place I would be able to move/commute to, so she told me she would pass my name along to another region that I could work in.

Overall I'm happy with the fact that they liked me, even if I don't get a job in the area I wanted. Of course, I hope I get a position! I've put my resume out at every MAC in the area as well, and I have an interview with Estee on Monday. Hopefully something will come out of it! Anyways, the end.

MakeupMuffin

Re: Had my 1st/2nd interview with Lancome (a little long)...I was there too!

I was there too. My interview went well also. She said she wanted me as a beauty advisor and asked what locations I could work at. She then talked to a blonde woman if there were any openings in my region and she said not that she knew of. But the lady that interviewed me said she would pass my resume along to the recruiter in my region for another interview then another at a Macy's or Nordstroms, which ever had openings. She said to expect a call by next week. I was so happy when she asked if there were any openings but so disappointed when she came back with a, "not right now." Nothing is for sure but I hope everything goes well, for the both of us!!!
smiles.gif

MakeupMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinandyang
I was at the Beverly Centre in LA yesterday for an interview.. There were a few other girls there being interviewed as well but not as many as I expected.
So anyways I met with a super nice girl and she basically asked what I did at each of my jobs and gave me a few scenarios. I thought I did ok and apparently I was right, because she said they definetly wanted me for a counter position, but the regional execs were late so they weren't there to talk to me and tell me which ones.

So I leave the store and get back on the road - and of course my mobile rings! It's the same girl I talked with and she invited me back to talk to an executive. I was so excited.

So I went back and talked with her (a very nice woman) and she gave me some scenarios and trick questions then briefed me on what I would learn in training and what my job duties would be like. Then she proceeded to tell me she wanted me for a position in a really nice location, but sadly it was not a place I would be able to move/commute to, so she told me she would pass my name along to another region that I could work in.

Overall I'm happy with the fact that they liked me, even if I don't get a job in the area I wanted. Of course, I hope I get a position! I've put my resume out at every MAC in the area as well, and I have an interview with Estee on Monday. Hopefully something will come out of it! Anyways, the end.

What areas did they what you for?? I was there at 11. I wish you the best.

Latest posts