Hair Breakage Products

RayannaBanana

Just wondering what's the best products for hair breakage. I've tried quite a few things which I thought were working at first and now they don't seem to be. I'm even taking pills called hair force that usually seems to help but lately nothing is.

Any suggestions!?

InspiredBlue

Anything oral (i.e. pills) won't help with the hair you have today, since hair is essentially "dead". The ends have no contact with what is going on at the scalp. The oral treatment might however help the hair that is currently growing out of your scalp to be stronger/healthier/grow faster.

miss_dre

Try Lush's Rehab shampoo. It strengthens your hair, so it shouldn't break as easily. Also, try using the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Hair Mask. I used it last night on my hair It was soo dry and the ends were so fragile and easily breakable, as a result from too much heat from my curling iron, too much hairspray, falling asleep with a messy bun, and brushing through the rest only to straighten it a bit (i know i know, soo bad!) but today my hair feels sooo silky and the ends feel and look much better!

Hope this helps! =)

kimmy

frederick fekkai protein rx always gives my hair a really nice boost. i use biolage foretherapie shampoo/conditioner and garnier fructis leave-in every night and the fekkai mask once a week.

clslvr6spd

Redkens Real Control line works great along with their Extreme line.
Joico's K-Pak works good.
Moroccan Oil works wonders

Just remember too much protein will damage your hair more. So, only use a protein treatment 2x a month.

purple_pumpkin

Joico K-Pak did wonders for me
thmbup.gif

shatteredshards

As Inspired explained, pills won't help what you already have, but I've been taking biotin (5000 mcg) for about a year now and it definately is helping my hair grow faster (I color my hair, and have visible roots in under a week) and spurring new hair growth.

SeaHen

How do you treat your hair rayanna? Is your hair coloured? Do you use heat regularly? How is your hair breaking, like visibly or is just not growing/ falling out etc? Could you be low on iron? Is it fine?

Make sure you rotate protein treatments with moisture and look for products that contain ceramides also they are very beneficial to hair.

I found some links that i think may be beneficial to you

Protein and moisture: what does your hair need ? | eternalvoyageur on Xanga

How to tell if a conditioner has protein in it ? | eternalvoyageur on Xanga

( have a nosey of this whole blog/site)

HTH

kimmietrinh

Cheap fixes...Aussie 3 minute miracle and the wonderful all purpose EVOO! Use them only 2 times a week or less, because it can get a little too overwhelming for daily use.

RayannaBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHen
How do you treat your hair rayanna? Is your hair coloured? Do you use heat regularly? How is your hair breaking, like visibly or is just not growing/ falling out etc? Could you be low on iron? Is it fine?

Make sure you rotate protein treatments with moisture and look for products that contain ceramides also they are very beneficial to hair.

I found some links that i think may be beneficial to you

Protein and moisture: what does your hair need ? | eternalvoyageur on Xanga

How to tell if a conditioner has protein in it ? | eternalvoyageur on Xanga

( have a nosey of this whole blog/site)

HTH

I colour my hair and also blowdry and straighten it. I started using garnier Dryness Reversal Treatment since I did like it the first time I tried it. Argan Oil, KMS straightening cream and Loreal Professional Hot Style Iron Cream. I was thinking to switching to Ion Healing Jojoba Flat Iron cream since it's cheaper. My hair actually breaks sometimes just by touching it, I think that makes it seem like to not growing but I do get roots. It is possible that I am low on Iron and my hair is a bit fine but I have a good amount of it.

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look.
smiles.gif

Nicala

I second Aussie 3 minute miracle! It works great and smells fruity and delicious. I always get compliments on my hair scent whenever I use it.
smiles.gif

Meisje

I have used Ion prodcuts, and Hask Henna and Placenta. Both make hair stronger, but you shouldn't over-use them because too much protein seems to make hair brittle.

LMD84

i like the matrix sleek look hair mask. that works really well at mending my ends and leaving my hair soft and shiney again.

Caderas

^^ I agree with trying the Moroccan Oil masks. They're pretty nice!

And i know Aquage's Stregthening or Silking shampoo/conditioners work really nice on damaged hair!

ruthless

I use Argan oil shampoo/conditioner/treatment it's less expensive than Moroccan oil brand although not by much.

If you are using a LOT of heat styling tools and bleaching your hair you can spend hundreds of dollars on treatments and you will still get breakage.

There is a "new" treatment out called Brazillian blowout, it is supposed to cut down on the amount of blow drying and flat ironing you need to do. I think the kindest thing you can do for your hair is to go easy on the flat iron-if you are able maybe wash every other day if you don't already?

Curly1908

I think you should color your hair less often (or stop all together), and you should also stop straightening your hair so often.

GLAMORandGORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
I colour my hair and also blowdry and straighten it. I started using garnier Dryness Reversal Treatment since I did like it the first time I tried it. Argan Oil, KMS straightening cream and Loreal Professional Hot Style Iron Cream. I was thinking to switching to Ion Healing Jojoba Flat Iron cream since it's cheaper. My hair actually breaks sometimes just by touching it, I think that makes it seem like to not growing but I do get roots. It is possible that I am low on Iron and my hair is a bit fine but I have a good amount of it.

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look.
smiles.gif

use a heat protector!! i can't stress this enough, especially since you blowdry+flat iron it. try and condition your hair as much as possible, and only shampoo 3-4 times a week. do you color your own hair? what color line do you use? imo, loreal is bad all around, product and moraly wise, so maybe try different lines. i think if you get a good heat protectant though, you will see awesome results!