Hair color recs please(picture)

lauren006

I have really light hair right now and I am pretty sick of it and want to go dark. So I have a couple questions. 1) If I wanted yo go all dark like a chocolate brown would I be able to do it from the color I have now or will I have to do it a little at a time? Everyone says that to me but then how does lindsay lohan and other start have really blonde hair one day and then the next its really dark or vise versa? or 2) To put a little dark in my hair so its not sucha drastic change what should I do? Here's a pic of my hair color now.

theleopardcake

ooh i love the blonde right now but i think you'd also look really good in a chocolate brown.
(i have a blonde friend who went brown in one try, but i'm not very familiar with this whole process. sorry i'm not of much help)

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Depends on how you feel really, I went from dirty blonde to really dark brown in one shot but if you think it might look a bit drastic, go for a light/medium brown and when you get regrowth or wateva dye it darker... its really just how you feel, and if you'll be sorta shocked by such a dramatic change then I'd definitely suggest doing it in pieces, but usually girls like Lindsay Lohan do it in one shot coz even if it looks bad they can either get another hair dye, chop it off and get extensions, or get a hairdresser to chemically wash the 'new' dye out...

I really do think it will suit you though, as you have dark eyebrows and dark underneath... so it won't seem as drastic IMO...

Hope that helps a lil' and good luck!
smiles.gif

karen

I definitely second the chocolate brown. You would look GORGEOUS with dark hair(not that you don't already
tong.gif
).

lauren006

thanks u guys so much! Yeah I think I might just go suddely just a little dark at a time. So I should just ask for lowlights??
Oh ya and here's the link to my myspace so you can see more pics. In one of the pictures I did my hair dark in photoshop haha.

www.myspace.com/lmarie3157

Pushpa

IMG_8646.jpg

pretty crappy chop but hahaha hopefully this helps

i like this color not black and as dark as lindsay but u would look good with the honey tones i think n e ways

mae13

The only thing I would caution you about it is that if you put a dark color over processed hair, especially if it was bleached is that it can turn a weird color when it starts fading out, because there is no pigment left. I've had hair turn green when dying it brown over blond highlights. Most stylists would recomment filling your follicle in with a warmer tone before dying it darker. Also be aware that bleached hair does not hold onto pigment very well overall.

I would recommend going with a warmer tone if you're dying at home, and not going too dark (even medium brown can wind up looking like black on lightened hair).