Hair Help...Color Advice Pleeeease!!!

vbretta

Ok, so here is the deal...I currently have long, layered, dark brown hair and I am looking to add some dimension to it. I was thinking of adding both dark auburn and golden brownish highlights. Problem is I'm not sure if it would look okay. I don't want obvious chunks, just lots of multi tonal streaks. I am having such a hard time finding a picture of something like this? Anyone have a color similar? I am NC 25, olive skin. Any help would be MUCH appreciated as I have an appt on Monday! Thanks Ladies!!!

breezybabe89

I would suggest instead of golden highlights more of a honey or caramel shade because gold highlights can wash out and turn a very fake brassy color in dark hair. I currently have dark auburn lowlights with honey/caramel highlights and it doesn't look fake just very multi-dimensional and natural.

gildedangel

I would go with caramel highlights and a few dark auburn highlights to give the darkness some dimension. I would do it in thin streaks around the face and a little thicker chunks in the back, like maybe a cm at most. HTH!

sinergy

to add dimension you can go anywhere from two shades lighter to two shades darker in your hair. its hard without looking at your natural level and looking at what old color you have on your hair to see what you might be able to do....but even if you did some caramel or reddish brown and a darker shade it would look real pretty, thin slices of whatever colors you choose will help so it wont be too chunky looking. HTH