Hair Help Plz!!!

bellaconnie80

Hey girls!! I'm multiracial (white, black, Inca) I spend an hour straightening out my super curly hair, it comes out straight and smooth and awesome lol but then as soon as I start to sweat or the humidity hits it, my hair will start to curl and friz again
ssad.gif
I want to add some clip on extensions but I know I'm gonna look ridiculous when the ends start to curl and friz.. I was thinking of getting a relaxer but changed my mind because I like color in my hair and I dont want my hair to fall off lol... so FINALLY getting to the question: is there a product I can use to keep my hair straight when I straighten it? Plz help!! I'm tired of leaving the house looking great and coming back home looking like a lion lol

Raysa

I have the same problem!! soon as it turns to summer my hair gets really big and not by choice.. not to mention i have a relaxer on it, so i just dont get it.. my hair hates me!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

You could try a product ment to deter frizz. Aveda has a line for that. You could also try and love your hair texture as is
th_dunno.gif

RaynelleM

sweetface

Try to find an anti-humectant (aveda has one) to put on your hair after flat ironing, this will repel moisture.

MissCrystal

try using a hair straightening leave in conditoner herbal essence has a few that might help you. My hair frizzes to ... right after i straighten it i use the condionder and seems to help me. Or a soothing leave in cream for frizzy hair ..
smiles.gif

AarisZilton

I have biracial/multicultural hair as well. What I do is use a good moisturizing (sp) conditioner and a good leave in. I usually use Garnier Fruitses Moisture works and Infusium 23 leave in condtioner. Then if I'm going to blow dry my hair first I will take some beyond the zone blow drying cream and work a little bit on my hands rub until warmed up and work it into my hair. Then I take my conair blow dryer with the Ions intack (IONIC) and I use a round barrel brush and blow dry it. Now if you want it straighter than that (which I usually like my hair big and fluffy) you can take a ceramic iron.I'll take some beyond the zone anti humectant heat protecting spray (in orange bottle) and spray my hair lightly before I use the iron. I use a FHI but I would advise using a full ceramic not just a ceramic top coat and use the heat setting that works best for you. I use mine on the hottest setting and run it through my hair. After I use some Beyond the zone serum and lightly run it through my hair. It will keep it in place. It's alot of products I KNOW but the important parts are moisture and heat protectant. You don't want dry and burnt hair. If you have coarser hair and this eliments movement that rework some products but they aren't very heavy on the hair. I hope this helps! But I usually just put leave in conditioner in my hair brush or come it out with my blow dryer and call it a day. I walk around rocking a big fluff on hair my roommates hate it but it's my hair and I like it BIG lol! But when I do that the humidity gets to my hair in now time but I like it that way. Enjoy your hair and take good care of it! HTH!

AZ

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysa
Thanks for the tips ladies..
i love summer but my hair doesnt! *smiles*.

Girl, I just noticed your location says that you hope to be in FL. You think your hair hates you now!
oh.gif
Florida is the frizz capital of the world. After living here for 15 years, I finally threw up the white flag 4 years ago and now wear my hair natural wash and wear. It took too much time and money for me to try to maintain a relaxed style down here with all of this humidity and heat.

s0xjuicy

I have the same problem, I've tried a lot of products like anti-frizz and humidity replant stuff but nothing seems to work, the only thing that seems to work is hairspray.

What I do is I spray some in my hands, rub them together and go through my hair a lot [I usually just do this with my bangs, but you can do it with your whole head] just spray spray spray!

I'm going to try everyone else's tips too and see if they work :)

Nox

The way I solved that issue was to give away my flat irons. I don't use heat to style my hair anymore. If I want it straight, then I do a head wrap the night before and then wear it tied back. Otherwise, my hair is a curly mop, all day everyday and I've learned how to just enhance that. I do use natural henna and indigo to color my hair though, and that has banished frizz from my mane, leaving me with just smooth waves/curls.

Sometimes a very light gloss of coconut oil does help to block out frizz too (if your hair like added oils, that is.)

Nox

<hijack>
I prefer to get my henna closest to the original source, and I only by body art quality henna (pure), not the stuff that comes prepared in a box. I mix mine with hot water and yogurt. This is one of my favorite dealers. I do buy in bulk though, so I'm not entirely sure if they do small single orders.

Lahore, Pakistan: Jamila Henna
Abid & Company (Pvt) Ltd.
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Ph. 92-42-7243663 / 92-42-7115733
Fax: 92-42-7249956
Darbar Market Ganj Bukhsh Road, Lahore, Pakistan

I've also had a good experience with this vendor as well:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Space Coast, Florida - Palm Bay: Amerikan Body Art[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Contact: Erika Harrison[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Phone: 321-537-4756[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Email [email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Website: http://www.AmerikanBodyArt.com[/FONT]

</hijack>

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the OP's thread.
th_wiggle2.gif

bellaconnie80

No worries Nox
thmbup.gif
thanx to you and all the ladies who helped out!!
yahoo.gif
I bought a couple of the products to try out so I'll let you all know how it worked out
yes.gif