Hair Repair

Holy Rapture

Mabelle, my hair was also pretty damaged till couple of days back .. All the re-bonding and colouring had taken their toll ... My hair is naturally wavy, smooth and really silky ... After all the product usage, it had become pretty rough and looked kinda burned out
cry.gif
I bought Loreal Matrix Intense Repair Masque couple of days back. It's a medium-sized tub and since I bought it off a Salon, I got it for lesser than the retail price. After some usage, I can see my hair getting back to its regular shiny and silky texture
th_DANCE.gif
You could try any of the Intense Repair Masque's available. HTH
thmbup.gif
smiles.gif

LMD84

i use the matrix sleek look intense conditioning mask. i use it every other time i wash my hair and my used to be damaged hair is nice and smooth and it doesn't seem to break as much

Jessica0984

Aphogee has many products, One of them is a liquid reconstructor and when you apply it you comb it through and then sit under a hair dryer which makes the hair super hard and brittle. Then you have to wash it out with the water turned on low as to not break your hair. Afterward you can apply aphogee balancing moisturizer after the protein treatment. I can definately say I have used tons of conditioners, reconstructors and this was the only thing that worked when I had tons of breakage. Kerastase can't even do what this stuff does.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Rapture
Mabelle, my hair was also pretty damaged till couple of days back .. All the re-bonding and colouring had taken their toll ... My hair is naturally wavy, smooth and really silky ... After all the product usage, it had become pretty rough and looked kinda burned out
cry.gif
I bought Loreal Matrix Intense Repair Masque couple of days back. It's a medium-sized tub and since I bought it off a Salon, I got it for lesser than the retail price. After some usage, I can see my hair getting back to its regular shiny and silky texture
th_DANCE.gif
You could try any of the Intense Repair Masque's available. HTH
thmbup.gif
smiles.gif

Ohh awesome! i know i can find this easily enough. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
Aphogee has many products, One of them is a liquid reconstructor and when you apply it you comb it through and then sit under a hair dryer which makes the hair super hard and brittle. Then you have to wash it out with the water turned on low as to not break your hair. Afterward you can apply aphogee balancing moisturizer after the protein treatment. I can definately say I have used tons of conditioners, reconstructors and this was the only thing that worked when I had tons of breakage. Kerastase can't even do what this stuff does.

I had looked it up on Folica and was most interested in the products you mentioned. They seem to be dirt cheap on there, so i might just order them soon. I'd prefer to buy them in person though, and i'm having trouble finding them... or anyone thats heard of Aphogee!
Im going to Toronto soon, where they have a Sally's (which is supposed to carry it) so i'm goingto see if i can just buy the products there.

I know i need a trim, but i want to put it off for as long as possible! I have bad luck with stylists and really cant risk too short of a cut!

xxsgtigressxx

I am the QUEEN of hair repair. As many know I have platinum blonde hair and it looks great, but only because of how well I take care of it after a "chemical haircut" that happened years ago (basically all my hair broke off after a rather harsh couple days)

Heres what you need:

Protein Based conditioner and shampoo (I like Bedhead Dumb Blonde)
Protein Based Deep conditioner (I like Joico K-Pack)
Moisturizing Shampoo and Deep Conditioner (I like Redken All Soft Heavy Cream I think its called)
Heat Protector for styling ( I like Artecs Hot styles ironing cream)
A wide tooth comb
Leave in conditioner (I like Redken Anti-snap)

Get a trim first to get any dead ends off
Alternate between moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and protein shampoo conditioner
Try to lay off shampooing your hair every day, I only wash my hair at most twice a week, and it made a HUGE difference. After about a week your scalp adjusts and produces less oil so you won't look greasy, but if you can't do that make sure you dont shampoo every single day.
Use either or deep conditioner at least once a week

Dont use protein all the time it will strengthen your hair but too much will make it brittle, you need to add moisture as well.

Use a wide tooth comb to GENTLY comb the conditioner through your hair to evenly coat every strand. After you get out of the shower only use a wide tooth comb, your hair is the weakest when it is wet.

DO NOT towel dry your hair and try not to wrap it up in a towel on top of your head, this pulls the hair making it likely to snap. Instead blot excess moisture with a towel, and wrap the towel around your head and hair leaving it down if that makes sense.

Try not to blow dry your hair if you straighten with an iron, I wash my hair the night before, let it dry, and then straighten in the morning. This will take A LOT of stress off your hair.

USE THERMAL PROTECTION FOR HEAT STYLING!!! If you straighten, it is better to straighten small sections at a time (an inch or two) slower than to run it over bigger sections quickly because chances are you are going to do the same sections over and over.

Dont put your hair in a pony tail the same place every day, especially when you go to sleep, it is better to put it in a braid or a really loose bun.

If your really serious a satin pillow case helps to minimize damage.

I hope that helps! It might be extreme for what you need but for anyone else looking to greatly improve their hair, this is the way to go. I would not have one strand of hair if I didnt do this
smiles.gif

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsgtigressxx
I am the QUEEN of hair repair. As many know I have platinum blonde hair and it looks great, but only because of how well I take care of it after a "chemical haircut" that happened years ago (basically all my hair broke off after a rather harsh couple days)

Heres what you need:

Protein Based conditioner and shampoo (I like Bedhead Dumb Blonde)
Protein Based Deep conditioner (I like Joico K-Pack)
Moisturizing Shampoo and Deep Conditioner (I like Redken All Soft Heavy Cream I think its called)
Heat Protector for styling ( I like Artecs Hot styles ironing cream)
A wide tooth comb
Leave in conditioner (I like Redken Anti-snap)

Get a trim first to get any dead ends off
Alternate between moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and protein shampoo conditioner
Try to lay off shampooing your hair every day, I only wash my hair at most twice a week, and it made a HUGE difference. After about a week your scalp adjusts and produces less oil so you won't look greasy, but if you can't do that make sure you dont shampoo every single day.
Use either or deep conditioner at least once a week

Dont use protein all the time it will strengthen your hair but too much will make it brittle, you need to add moisture as well.

Use a wide tooth comb to GENTLY comb the conditioner through your hair to evenly coat every strand. After you get out of the shower only use a wide tooth comb, your hair is the weakest when it is wet.

DO NOT towel dry your hair and try not to wrap it up in a towel on top of your head, this pulls the hair making it likely to snap. Instead blot excess moisture with a towel, and wrap the towel around your head and hair leaving it down if that makes sense.

Try not to blow dry your hair if you straighten with an iron, I wash my hair the night before, let it dry, and then straighten in the morning. This will take A LOT of stress off your hair.

USE THERMAL PROTECTION FOR HEAT STYLING!!! If you straighten, it is better to straighten small sections at a time (an inch or two) slower than to run it over bigger sections quickly because chances are you are going to do the same sections over and over.

Dont put your hair in a pony tail the same place every day, especially when you go to sleep, it is better to put it in a braid or a really loose bun.

If your really serious a satin pillow case helps to minimize damage.

I hope that helps! It might be extreme for what you need but for anyone else looking to greatly improve their hair, this is the way to go. I would not have one strand of hair if I didnt do this
smiles.gif

Great advice, I agree! Since I broke down and spent the money on B & B i've been able to pretty much shampoo daily and not suffer any ill effects-I hate not shampooing, so this was pretty cool for me
smiles.gif
I too own a satin pillowcase