hair routine

jjuicyy

im trying to experiment with new ways to do my hair over the summer before i go back to school in the fall. i havent straightened it in months just because i got sick of flat ironing every night. but now i dont really know what else to do with it. the thing is though...for school, i dont really have time to blow dry and straighten it in the morning bc i have a 30-40ish minutes to get ready. usually i just did everything the night before, blow dry, then straighten, then put it back in a low ponytail to keep it out of my face while i sleep. but when i wake up it has the hair-tye kink and is just less shinier and not as good looking from being slept on. im wondering what other people do, do you do everything in the morning? does anyone do it the night before that has and tips for me?

RaynelleM

It depends sometimes I straighten my hair before bed and then just retouch the top layers in the morning (ie. I plug it in while I’m doing my makeup/getting dressed and then quickly do it before I leave) and other times I just wake up earlier and do it before I start getting ready in the morning.

And if I’m really pressed for time I just put it in a ponytail and only fix the bangs.

rachybloom

An easy trick to make your hair shinier and more lustrous is to only wash your hair every other day (or every three days if you can manage it). And when you do wash it, make sure to always alternate your shampoos/conditioners. I have a rotation of three different shampoo/conditioner combos I use and my hair is really really healthy and shiny now. I have naturally straight hair, but to reduce damage I usually wash my hair at night, apply product and just sleep on it. Then in the morning I wet the roots on the crown, apply a root boosting spray, and roll the top section on the crown only in two or three velcro rollers. I then blast with hot air and then I quickly flat iron the rest of my hair while I wait for the rollers to cool. I blast with hot air again, then cool air, then apply my makeup. Right before I get dressed I take out the rollers and it looks like a full on blow out! My hair only takes me 15 minutes and it's pretty easy to do. If your hair is curly or wavy I'd recommend flat ironing it the night before and doing touch ups in the morning while the rollers are in.

Hope that helped

CantAffordMAC

Okay well it depends on how my schedule is...If I have time in the morning, Ill do my hair in the morning, but it takes me an hour to straighten it, so a lot of the time I do it at night

I wash it and use a deep conditioner so its nice and smooth and soft. Then I blot it with a towel and brush it out with a big paddle brush to remove all the tangles. I don't usually use any product in my hair before I flat iron it, I find that for my hair thats what works best. i think if you're going to use a product, try to stay away from the roots, and only use a small amount of it

I blow dry each section first with a round brush, and then I go over each section with my flat iron.

If you do it at night, DONT put a hair tie in it. Kinks are soooo hard to get out of the hair, and your basically ruining the style you just did. I never put a hair tie in my hair, i just sleep with it out, and retouch in the morning.

Walgreens (i dunno if theres a Walgreens around you) but its a drugstore and they sell hair ties that supposedly "dont dent the hair" I'd look into those if I were you
winks.gif

Some products I'd recommend: Redken Outshine Polishing Milk. This is like a light cream that I put through my hair (away from roots) to smooth frizzies and add softness and shine to the hair.

Aquage Beyond Shine spray....this is goooooood stuff! A little goes a long way, it smells great, it adds GREAT shine, without making the hair greasy or weighing it down. This would definetly solve your dull hair problem! This is a professional product but I think you can find it if you google it.

HTH
th_wiggle2.gif

RoseyPosey

i ahve curly hair, but i straighten it "curl it" with my flat iron and can do both in one swipe lol.

I shampoo and condition my hair, towel dry it quite a bit, put in about quarter size amount of biosilk in my ends and whatever is left throughout, brush it, spray volumizing spray on my roots, blow dry with head upsdie down.
Plug in straightener, section off hair, straighten it real quick. if i want to "curl" it i run the striaghtener over each peice as ido it and "curl" it. If i curl it, i sprtiz my hair lightly with a fine mist hair spray (trssemme) or if i just flat iron it, just leave it no hair spray. Sleep on it. when i wake up, its pretty much the sam elooking as the night before. sometimes i will just fix the front peices. if you want to make it shiny again, use a shine spray on mostly the ends not the roots, or put in a little more biosilk (very small amount) and run hands over ends mostly.

This only takes me about 30 minutes.

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
An easy trick to make your hair shinier and more lustrous is to only wash your hair every other day (or every three days if you can manage it). And when you do wash it, make sure to always alternate your shampoos/conditioners. I have a rotation of three different shampoo/conditioner combos I use and my hair is really really healthy and shiny now. I have naturally straight hair, but to reduce damage I usually wash my hair at night, apply product and just sleep on it. Then in the morning I wet the roots on the crown, apply a root boosting spray, and roll the top section on the crown only in two or three velcro rollers. I then blast with hot air and then I quickly flat iron the rest of my hair while I wait for the rollers to cool. I blast with hot air again, then cool air, then apply my makeup. Right before I get dressed I take out the rollers and it looks like a full on blow out! My hair only takes me 15 minutes and it's pretty easy to do. If your hair is curly or wavy I'd recommend flat ironing it the night before and doing touch ups in the morning while the rollers are in.

Hope that helped

what shampoos do you use?

vivaXglamlove

I have natural black (with brown tint) curly hair. I used to straighten my hair during 8th grade and 9th but now I love my curls!
I use Aveda's be curly shampoo and Conditioner or Sunsilk's captivating curls shampoo and Conditioner. Both brands are so amazing with keeping the frizz away. For a deep conditioner, I love love love Sebastian Potion 9 Treatment.
While my hair is still a bit damp, I apply Aveda's Curl Enhancer creme. I don't use any hot tools (except my bangs) so I've always air dry my hair. I also like the Sunsilk's leave-in creme also.
For Frizz and some shine, I use a little Aveda's Curl Control frizz creme and Bed Head's After Party creme (which smells amazing!). A little Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray and I'm done.