Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

MissHolland

Maybe this helps:

Its a picture from google. I dont think the brushes on the picture are washed allready

Have you looked on this blog: http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/ this blog has helped me to make choices.

I realy like the J544 for blush. I use it for pigmented blushes (Illamasqua & Nars) For less pigmented blushes i use a Koyudo brush. Think the J210 would work for both.

janette9687

I am in Tokyo for the holidays and I got to stop by the hakuhod counters I'm trying to find the stores once I'm here becuz some of the counters don't have all the brushes but I got to see thee ones I have been waiting to see on person I was like a kid in a candy store, I purchased 6 brushes got the k002, finally the j5543 a liner brush, j125r and a tapered eyeshadow birch I plan to use for concealer and a lay down brush, I will post more pics of these later, I'm usually good about posting the numbers but the lady took my receipt

mosha010

Omg u should purchase a load of these and sell them here when you're back lol. I'm about to do my second purchase and been deciding on several cheek ones. I want one for my edsf and ed blushes and for bronzer

josephine90

I am in Tokyo for the holidays and I got to stop by the hakuhod counters I'm trying to find the stores once I'm here becuz some of the counters don't have all the brushes but I got to see thee ones I have been waiting to see on person I was like a kid in a candy store, I purchased 6 brushes got the k002, finally the j5543 a liner brush, j125r and a tapered eyeshadow birch I plan to use for concealer and a lay down brush, I will post more pics of these later, I'm usually good about posting the numbers but the lady took my receipt
Omg! I'm so jealous! Is it cheaper there too ? And the pink brushes, I'm dying!

josephine90

Maybe this helps: Its a picture from google. I dont think the brushes on the picture are washed allready Have you looked on this blog: http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/ this blog has helped me to make choices.  I realy like the J544 for blush. I use it for pigmented blushes (Illamasqua & Nars) For less pigmented blushes i use a Koyudo brush. Think the J210 would work for both.
Thanks! Looking at that blog now! Too exp a brush to randomly choose one lol

janette9687

Omg u should purchase a load of these and sell them here when you're back lol. I'm about to do my second purchase and been deciding on several cheek ones. I want one for my edsf and ed blushes and for bronzer
I wish! they have way too many to choose from it's easier to choose once you have an idea what purpose you'll use it for. I won't be back in the states for another year but I hope to find the store it's a lil difficult to purchase because of the language barrier I dragged my boyfriend through an afternoon of metro and trains to find the counter I almost gave up until he convinced me we'd find it. For edsf I rally like my J110 it's made of goat hair and picks up enough product and blends beautifully it's very versatile.
Omg! I'm so jealous! Is it cheaper there too ? And the pink brushes, I'm dying!
Well it's define tilt cheaper because you don't have to pay for $9 of shipping but idk because the k002 online is listed as $72 and it cost me here 6,930¥ so I guess depending on the yen Rate
Thanks! Looking at that blog now! Too exp a brush to randomly choose one lol
What are you going to use it for?

janette9687

Yep! I believe it is the J242G ($17). 
Thanks so much! I guessed right, ordered that one yesterday. :))
No prob and good guess. Will you post a pic when it arrives? I'm curious to see a pic outside of the Hakuhodo site. I should finally post a pic of the order I made and received about a month ago, too. :eyelove:
I posted a pic comparing these two earlier in the thread the hakuhodo dupe for the 239 is much smaller in comparison but very similar

janette9687

[quote name="josephine90" url="/t/108416/hakuhodo-makers-of-mac-brushes/390#post_2534451"]Planning to order some with my christmas money, please give me your opinions for the following brushes in my list, thanks! J142- this I a great crease brush becuz it tapers and is fluffier J146- this is a smaller version of the j142 think like a smaller white hair 226 but less tapered J5523- this is your 217 dupe J110- great blush brush a lil longer then most it's like paddle shape works great and blends really nice very bees it'll J5521- this is your white goat hair mac 165 dupe I have the blue squirrel hair version and I love it for highlight J5543- I just got this one it's very dense and shorter than the 110 K005 G551[/quote]
Thanks guys! I need to cut the list, its getting so exp! So maybe i should get j5543 instead of j110?
I Those are all thes ones I have from your list I bought a liner brush idk of it's the one you listed the lady didn't given back my receipt that had the numbers on them and it's really bugging me not knowing the numbers

josephine90

[quote name="josephine90" url="/t/108416/hakuhodo-makers-of-mac-brushes/390#post_2534451"]Planning to order some with my christmas money, please give me your opinions for the following brushes in my list, thanks! J142- this I a great crease brush becuz it tapers and is fluffier J146- this is a smaller version of the j142 think like a smaller white hair 226 but less tapered J5523- this is your 217 dupe J110- great blush brush a lil longer then most it's like paddle shape works great and blends really nice very bees it'll J5521- this is your white goat hair mac 165 dupe I have the blue squirrel hair version and I love it for highlight J5543- I just got this one it's very dense and shorter than the 110 K005 G551
I Those are all thes ones I have from your list I bought a liner brush idk of it's the one you listed the lady didn't given back my receipt that had the numbers on them and it's really bugging me not knowing the numbers[/quote] Omg! That helps a lot! I think im only going to start with 1 blush brush, probably the j5543. I have small lid space and almost non existent lids, so i always buy tiny eye brushes lol

josephine90

I wish! they have way too many to choose from it's easier to choose once you have an idea what purpose you'll use it for. I won't be back in the states for another year but I hope to find the store it's a lil difficult to purchase because of the language barrier I dragged my boyfriend through an afternoon of metro and trains to find the counter I almost gave up until he convinced me we'd find it. For edsf I rally like my J110 it's made of goat hair and picks up enough product and blends beautifully it's very versatile. Well it's define tilt cheaper because you don't have to pay for $9 of shipping but idk because the k002 online is listed as $72 and it cost me here 6,930¥ so I guess depending on the yen Rate What are you going to use it for?
Mostly blush, im still trying to get the teardrop Blush shape, need to slim down my face :)

janette9687

Blush shape, need to slim down my face
smiles.gif
the k001 and 116s ar4e smaller paddle shape blushes that can be usedfor highlighting and precise blush i have the k001 for the buse squirrel hair for my sensative dry skin, if you are oily or normal goat is best suit for that, but theyre all incredibly soft, blue squirrel picks up less pigment for a natural look as goat picks up more product.

MissTT

I was kind of wishing there was a holiday set this year. I need a nice face powder brush from Hakuhodo since I'm so disappointed with my new Wayne Goss.

mosha010

I got the j110 and it's my go to blush brush. About to get another to use for edsf... I've been using the yachiyo medium for edsf mostly to highlight but I starting adding edsf to my blushes and the j110 is amazing for that. Brush snobs unite!!

janette9687

What would be a good powder brush for a light application of Chantecaille HD powder?
What would be a good powder brush for a light application of Chantecaille HD powder?
I have the k002 for a natural application, it is made of blue squirrel bristles and is incredibly soft, but its a bit pricey, they have some blended hair ones with goat like the B509 thats on my wishlist, i liked this one because its tapered and thicker whereas the k002 is paddle shaped. The B103 is also great an soft i double this one as a bronzer brush too.

janette9687

I think i repsonded to your post in the WG collection but there is a rose gold fertle set to come out this jan, i dont see it on the site tho.

allthingsglam

I think i repsonded to your post in the WG collection but there is a rose gold fertle set to come out this jan, i dont see it on the site tho.
rose gold I'm in trouble I can't wait to see this u are right I was on the site yesterday and I didn't see it this is going to sell fast I wonder if its le

Pinkdollface

I just ordered some new Hakuhodo brushes! I got the G5557 for foundation, J104 for my Guerlain meteorites/bronzer/etc, J511 for contouring, J122 for eyeshadow on the browbone and J521 for eyelining and detail work. I'm most excited to get a new foundation brush that's larger than the Mac 130 and to get a new brush for my Guerlain meteorites. I'll let you know how I like them once they arrive.

allthingsglam

What I want to know is why we here in the USA can't get our name on our brushes if we wanted to Japan site allow this option