Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

mosha010

B104 : this is a big brush made out of black goat hair. It came very tightly packed but sprung into form after first wash. Had minimum shedding that went away after the second wash. It's incredibly fluffy. So fluffy that it dried in a few hours after washing it, which is fast considering how dense it is. Very soft and good for a light sweep of powder to set your foundation or for hd powders. I've been using it for three months and it's what I needed. Retired my old mac 150 which now feels prickly... Pics and comparisons between haku and Mac:
ahuzy6yb.jpg
9yve2a5e.jpg
tusyryzu.jpg

allthingsglam

B104 : this is a big brush made out of black goat hair. It came very tightly packed but sprung into form after first wash. Had minimum shedding that went away after the second wash. It's incredibly fluffy. So fluffy that it dried in a few hours after washing it, which is fast considering how dense it is. Very soft and good for a light sweep of powder to set your foundation or for hd powders. I've been using it for three months and it's what I needed. Retired my old mac 150 which now feels prickly... Pics and comparisons between haku and Mac:
ahuzy6yb.jpg
9yve2a5e.jpg
tusyryzu.jpg
Im drooling all the pretty brushes I love it I need this brush in my life

mosha010

Hahaha believe me I went through a purge. I use 80% of all my brushes now. The remaining 20 are there for Halloween / special effects use. ... Ud be amazed how many "let's just go as zombies" makeup parties have taken place on my vanity

Pinkdollface

Does anyone know of a white haired brush like the B104? I'm looking for a setting powder type brush. Thanks!
The J104 is the white hair version. I have that one and love it. I don't use it for setting powders though. I think it's too fluffy for that purpose. I press powder onto my face and a stiffer brush like the J501 works amazing for that. I have an oily t-zone. If you have normal to dry skin the J104 might be the better option though. I personally love the J104 for finishing powders like the meteorites or hourglass powders.

vaisforluvrs

The J104 is the white hair version. I have that one and love it. I don't use it for setting powders though. I think it's too fluffy for that purpose. I press powder onto my face and a stiffer brush like the J501 works amazing for that. I have an oily t-zone. If you have normal to dry skin the J104 might be the better option though. I personally love the J104 for finishing powders like the meteorites or hourglass powders.
Thanks! I meant to say finishing powders, not setting powders, so the J104 sounds great for that purpose.

novocainedreams

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend/suggest perhaps a few brushes to kind of start of with...perhaps 2 or 3 eye brushes and a couple face brushes(I primarily wear mineral foundation so if there is a good brush for that), a powder brush(something more dense, for powders like the Hourglass Ambient) and maybe a good blush brush? There are just so many brushes I am confusing myself! Thanks.

niccig

Hey everyone!

Has anybody ever tried to use the G503 brush with cream products to contour the face? Would it ruin the bristles? Should i stick to synthetic bristles brushes for that purpose?
I haven't used it, but the goat hair should be totally fine with cream products. The only worry I'd have with that particular one is the possiblity of the dye bleeding - I'd definitely give it a couple washes before I used it with creams/liquids.

niccig

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend/suggest perhaps a few brushes to kind of start of with...perhaps 2 or 3 eye brushes and a couple face brushes(I primarily wear mineral foundation so if there is a good brush for that), a powder brush(something more dense, for powders like the Hourglass Ambient) and maybe a good blush brush? There are just so many brushes I am confusing myself! Thanks.
For eyes I really like the J5523 (like the MAC 217 but softer), the J5529 (a small blending brush) and the G5507 (flat-ish laydown brush). The J004G is supposed to be really nice, and very similar to the MAC 239. For face, J210 for sure - you can use it for blush and/or contouring. The black fan is really nice for the Hourglass powders, and the G5521 is perfect for highlighting. The G543 is really great for getting higher coverage with powder, so I bet it would be really nice for mineral foundation, though it's definitely on the pricey side.

kimibos

i had been wanting a Brush roll for a long time. i dont have a vanity and putting them in a cup is not an option, since my cat zizou wants to play with them.
icon_eek.gif

i gave in an bought the hakuhodo one. i couldnt find good pictures before i ordered it. so here are some pics in case anyone wants to see how its.

no brushes / with brushes

tied up.

i find that the mac brushes fit but a little bit tight. it doesnt hold many brushes IMO. and if i had not given some of my brushes away, i would be in trouble they just wouldnt fit. the yachiyo doesnt fit or real techniques.

I hope this helps someone.

indiekicks

Oh, I forgot to update on the brushes I bought.

K002: Still oh so soft and applies most of my blushes very lightly, yet buildable.

K022: LOVE this powder brush, wonderfully soft and a perfect size. I want a back up!

G5554: Stiff and good for buffing in foundation. I think I should've went with the larger size though. Also, anyone have tips on cleaning this brush? Since I do a lot of buffing and blending and use liquids and creams, I want to deep clean with without damaging it.

Yachiyo pointed medium: Great for highlighting and conturing, would probably also be great for blush. I love how it looks. I want a back up of this too!

J5523: I'm not much of an eyeshadow person so I haven't used it much. From what I can tell though, it seems like a blending brush and I'd like a back up of this as well.

mosha010

I have the g5554. AmaZin brush. I spot clean it every two three uses with MUFE brush spray and every two weeks I deep clean it with the philosophy purity wash. I put some on my palm and gently lather it up and then run warm water and just rinse it by having the brush gently pat the running water on my palm... I dry it squeezing the water out with a paper towel w the brush pointing down and gently. Never tugging. And dry it with a ponytail holding it standing up on the towel rack lol,...... I prob take better care of this brush than my own hair

Miss QQ

I came back with 8 brushes at the hakuhodo pop-up counter! The selection was small but nonetheless I was so happy and excited to see what they had. The boss of the counter, a Japanese, was there together with 2 Japanese staff and 2 local staff. The Japanese staff were very knowledgeable about the products. The boss was very helpful and polite despite a group of ladies swarming at the counter frenzily (first day), and he patiently explained our queries about how one brush differed from another and what they were suited for. I overheard him saying that in the past brushes were not washed often, so the hairs were dyed black. But now people wash brushes and brushes with dyed-black hairs will bleed when washed, so they are now making more brushes that are white, and non-dyed. Interesting to me, so now I'm considering if I can skip washing brushes I use for powder products after each use.

My haul: Kokutan lip brush, retractable lip brush in pink, G5515, G5514, J125, J5521, J4001 and G5545. I got a brush holder as a gift, it is quite tiny. Here are the pics, I haven't opened them yet. I only opened J125 to try and I'm in love! I apply concealer on my undereyes and it is so soft and doesn't irritated the thin skin. It is also great for nose shading and contouring. Is the J125R with the mixed synthetic hair better for cream products? I wanted J122 because it is bigger but they didn't have it.

I'm thinking of going back for J5522, J142 or J5533. Or even another J125 or J125R.

My old B505 in the holder.

mosha010

Oooooo beautiful haul! Tell us how u like them when you open them. Specially those three on the right

Latest posts