Haku j5522 unwashed
vuguqyze.jpg
bupuzapa.jpg
After washing and waiting for it to dry lol
evydusa3.jpg
J5522 vs Mac 224
9a8u4u9a.jpg
7aruvezu.jpg
Haku is denser and fluffier. Also softer. I thought the 224 was already very soft, this is way Soft. Baby hair just washed and smelling cute soft. Fluffy Pomeranian soft. Ridic soft. $20 bucks vs Mac's $32..... Hmmm... Now this is only a review and comparison on size and fluffyness (density for us physicists) and it's softness to the naked eye. I won't be using it actually until tomorrow because today I'm staying home and organizing vanity so no makeup on... Unless I find something I hadn't seen in ages and suddenly want to play w it.

mosha010

And yes. There's a comb there cause haku recommends you comb ur brushes after wash. Which I do. I will research more on that tho

Kristin Bacon

I won't be using it actually until tomorrow because today I'm staying home and organizing vanity so no makeup on... Unless I find something I hadn't seen in ages and suddenly want to play w it.
ahhh that brush looks heavenly i need that in my life!!!!

sunsational

I won't be using it actually until tomorrow because today I'm staying home and organizing vanity so no makeup on... Unless I find something I hadn't seen in ages and suddenly want to play w it.
it does look like my pomeranian!! i wonder if she would mind if i took some of her fur. lol jk

PeachTwist

Alright alright fine.

I'll purchase Haku brushes instead of more makeup.

Imma be pissed though when I find they're way better than my MAC brushes I spent a fkn fortune on.

mosha010

Alright alright fine.

Imma be pissed though when I find they're way better than my MAC brushes I spent a fkn fortune on.
Oh man. That's how I got. Cause just as I thought I had all the brushes I needed, I discovered hakus.

PeachTwist

Alright alright fine.

Oh man. That's how I got. Cause just as I thought I had all the brushes I needed, I discovered hakus.
I figured this will be how it goes. The worst bit is I have duplicates of so many brushes.

3x 239, 3x 217, 2x 219, 2x 224, 2x 226, 2x 168 etc. :|

mosha010

Quote:Originally Posted by mosha010
Quote:Originally Posted by PeachTwist
Alright alright fine.

I figured this will be how it goes. The worst bit is I have duplicates of so many brushes.

3x 239, 3x 217, 2x 219, 2x 224, 2x 226, 2x 168 etc. :|
Clearance bin them! I didn't have a lot of brushes but I did have my basics covered. Been giving them to my cousins one by one... Now I discovered these and slowly switched most of them out. The last one I was using perm was the 224 now I found an alternative. .. Prob going to do a massive purge soon.

mosha010

Besides. Why change what isn't broken? If they work for you go for it. I switched cause my skin is hyper sensitive and sometimes the brushes were irritating me a lil bit... And after I tried how soft one was I was hooked. Now I look back and I prob wasn't washing them correctly or something who knows... Nothing bad about my macs. I just liked these better now that I discovered their softness. Bunny tail soft id say

PeachTwist

I'll probably do so if I can.

I'll keep my 239's because I freaking love them and doubt I'll ever find anything that I love to pack shadow on as much as them.

I like my 217's and 266's (not 2x 226, typo) so we'll see. I do wanna try their face brushes though, but that could be detrimental. I don't NEED brushes.. I just wanna feel bunny soft brushes on my face...

mosha010

Hahahahaha. Omg. I prob sound like I have a brush fetish. But these r ridic soft. You just want to pet them and fluffy them Into your face. I've blended blush onto my face until I had to put more....

PeachTwist

Hahahahaha. Omg. I prob sound like I have a brush fetish. But these r ridic soft. You just want to pet them and fluffy them Into your face. I've blended blush onto my face until I had to put more....
LOL. Dude. I'm so up for this. That sounds amaaaazing.

If only my pom's wouldn't miss their hair... SIGH. I'm kidding, I'd never do such a thing... but they're the closest thing I have to super soft and fluffy, lol!

Prettypackages

I haven't used the 224, but from looking at pictures it seems like maybe the J5522, J5529 or J5533 might work - you'd want to measure the 224 and see which one is closest in size. The J5522 and J5529 are a bit tapered, but they fluff out and the end gets a bit rounder with use.

I definitely prefer the white goat hair over black goat. It's softer, and there's no chance of dye bleeding so you can use it with creams/liquids.

I've only got a few brushes from Chikuhodo/Koyudo, but on the whole I think I probably like Hakuhodo the best. Chikuhodo's grey squirrel brushes are really nice, but the black goat one I have isn't all that soft. From Koyudo I only have the red squirrel cheek brush, which has absolutely incredible hair, but the handle materials don't feel quite as sturdy or luxurious. Plus Hakuhodo is cheaper and easier to get if you live in the US.

Quote: Originally Posted by mosha010

Haku j5522 unwashed
vuguqyze.jpg
bupuzapa.jpg

After washing and waiting for it to dry lol
evydusa3.jpg

J5522 vs Mac 224
9a8u4u9a.jpg

7aruvezu.jpg

Haku is denser and fluffier. Also softer. I thought the 224 was already very soft, this is way Soft. Baby hair just washed and smelling cute soft. Fluffy Pomeranian soft. Ridic soft. $20 bucks vs Mac's $32..... Hmmm...

Now this is only a review and comparison on size and fluffyness (density for us physicists) and it's softness to the naked eye.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you ladies!!!

I will be getting this brush soon!!!
Mosha, I can't wait until you use it.

mosha010

Yayyyyy! You won't regret it. If you were looking for a blending brush this is your baby. I tried it on yesterday and it blended beautifully and fast as expected. You're going to loooooobbbb it!

mosha010

I got way to excited and forgot to write more about it. Lol! J5522: it picks up a lot of shadow due to it's density, but you can just shake away excess and go at it. I actually used it with pigments and shadows and it tested just the same in terms of blending. I used it to blend out from the crease up some green shadows and pigments I used together and it was amazingly fast at doing so. And so soft! Depending on where you hold the brush, you'll get a stronger or softer application of color, I found myself holding it from the middle - end of it since I started with too much color to begin with. That was my first run with it, and I will try it with different things I sometimes used the 224 for: highlighting my nose (I have a tiny nose so normal highlighting brushes sometimes don't cut it) etc..

niccig

And yes. There's a comb there cause haku recommends you comb ur brushes after wash. Which I do. I will research more on that tho
Thanks so much for doing the pictures! I don't usually have a need to comb my goat brushes, but it's a huge help with squirrel. Squirrel seems to stick together as it dries, and combing it seems to help separate the hair without losing the shape.

kimibos

Thanks so much for doing the pictures! I don't usually have a need to comb my goat brushes, but it's a huge help with squirrel. Squirrel seems to stick together as it dries, and combing it seems to help separate the hair without losing the shape.
ughh im waiting for some koyudo brushes. 2 of them are squirrel. No way on hell i want to be combing a brush.
ohboy.gif

Thanks for letting Us know.

Latest posts