Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

Prettypackages

I just ordered the special white set they had on the site as my first purchase. I hope I like them! I figured the white will help me tell them apart from my MAC brushes.

Anyone else have this set? I hope they are full size. Their website is not easy to navigate.

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=475

How do you use each brush?

karlaedith

Did you know that chikuhodo has some new brushes named Takumi series made of white goat hair look sooo gorgeous!!

kath00

How do you use each brush? 
I love the set that I got. I have a ton of Mac brushes so I wasn't sure if I would even use these white ones. The largest one on the left is my blush brush and I use it every day. The one to the right of it is my highlighter brush and it is the perfect size for that. The other three are for eyes and I prefer them to the other 15 brushes that I have to lay shadow or to blend my crease. Lol. This kit was the best purchase I have ever made. The only thing I would say that is negative is that the handles are short and I'm not a fan of short brushes in general. However for some reason they don't seem to bother me too much because the brushes or otherwise so high-quality. I'm looking at an angled contour brush next to replace my Mac one which has seen better days.

janette9687

So due to my downsizing and low buy I may post some of my hakuhodos I'm willing to part with ill shall post soon if anyone is interested I know hakuhodos can be tricky I love these but I don't need many brushes for one use and these are beautiful crafted deserve a nice owner

Prettypackages

So due to my downsizing and low buy I may post some of my hakuhodos I'm willing to part with ill shall post soon if anyone is interested I know hakuhodos can be tricky I love these but I don't need many brushes for one use and these are beautiful crafted deserve a nice owner
are you putting them in here or the sale forum?

sss215

I saw the Tom Ford 06 brush in the store snd it shed all over my hand. Does the shedding stop it am I better off with the J5543.

awickedshape

I'm interested in getting two Hakuhodo brushes this year and made an enquiry to their CS. Their CS responded promptly and politely, so that's a good start :)

karlaedith

I'm interested in getting two Hakuhodo brushes this year and made an enquiry to their CS. Their CS responded promptly and politely, so that's a good start :)
I only have 5 hakuhodo brushes and i love them, they are really great quality, which ones are you planning to buy?

awickedshape

I only have 5 hakuhodo brushes and i love them, they are really great quality, which ones are you planning to buy?
Hi! Glad to hear your endorsement :) I'm looking at the J210 blush brush and possibly a really small eyeshadow brush like the J146 for the crease as I don’t have anything well-suited for that yet, although I will be getting the TF eye contour brush soon and Sabrina @ The Beauty Lookbook also uses that for the crease. If it's good for that I might get the J5523 for the lid instead. Any recommendations?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Their CS is exceptional, other companies could learn a thing or two from them.

karlaedith

Hi! Glad to hear your endorsement :) I'm looking at the J210 blush brush and possibly a really small eyeshadow brush like the J146 for the crease as I don’t have anything well-suited for that yet, although I will be getting the TF eye contour brush soon and Sabrina @ The Beauty Lookbook also uses that for the crease. If it's good for that I might get the J5523 for the lid instead. Any recommendations?
I have the J5523, J142, J004, G5520 and G5521, the J5523 and its a great brush, same shape as mac 217 (i have both) but like 10 times softer, so you can place color on the lid, on the crease, blend and it does a good job without feeling scratchy on the skin, i also have the J142 and i use it to place transition colors on the crease, its somewhat firm but soft so it doesnt leave harsh lines, i use the G5520 to put highlighter on the inner corners on my eyes, the J004 is a little taller and more flat than the mac 239 and i use this one to place shadow on my brow bone and to pack on colors on the lid and works just fine, and i use the G5521 to set my undereye concealer with powder, i love this brush. Im not planning on getting any more hakus atm because now i wanna try some chikuhodo

awickedshape

Their CS is exceptional, other companies could learn a thing or two from them.
I have the J5523, J142, J004, G5520 and G5521, the J5523 and its a great brush, same shape as mac 217 (i have both) but like 10 times softer, so you can place color on the lid, on the crease, blend and it does a good job without feeling scratchy on the skin, i also have the J142 and i use it to place transition colors on the crease, its somewhat firm but soft so it doesnt leave harsh lines, i use the G5520 to put highlighter on the inner corners on my eyes, the J004 is a little taller and more flat than the mac 239 and i use this one to place shadow on my brow bone and to pack on colors on the lid and works just fine, and i use the G5521 to set my undereye concealer with powder, i love this brush. Im not planning on getting any more hakus atm because now i wanna try some chikuhodo
Thanks for the info! :-D

allthingsglam

My bf ordered me some brushes for valentines day they were due to be here for valentines day my present I blame usps because hakuhodo usually is super fast with shipping I'm guessing Monday Happy belated valentines day everybody thank goodness for flowers and chocalate yummy

karlaedith

My bf ordered me some brushes for valentines day they were due to be here for valentines day my present I blame usps because hakuhodo usually is super fast with shipping I'm guessing Monday Happy belated valentines day everybody thank goodness for flowers and chocalate yummy
Happy valentines day!! Yes, must be usps fault, i ordered my first chikuhodo brush (z8) a few weeks ago and on monday i went on the usps site and it showed that it was in Chicago and that it would be delivered in the next 5-7 days, the friday i got my mail but not my package and on the usps page said it was going to be delivered this day, then looked more and said that they tried to delivered it the thursday but nobody answered the door!!! I wanted to die, i was soooo mad because i was at home that day, i called the post office they told me to call the next day (saturday morning) to speak to my delivery guy, so i finally got my package yesterday afternoon... The only squirrel brush i have is the G5521 and it is soft, but the Z8 is softer!! Sooo beautiful and soooo expensive, but i dont regret it one bit

allthingsglam

Happy valentines day!! Yes, must be usps fault, i ordered my first chikuhodo brush (z8) a few weeks ago and on monday i went on the usps site and it showed that it was in Chicago and that it would be delivered in the next 5-7 days, the friday i got my mail but not my package and on the usps page said it was going to be delivered this day, then looked more and said that they tried to delivered it the thursday but nobody answered the door!!! I wanted to die, i was soooo mad because i was at home that day, i called the post office they told me to call the next day (saturday morning) to speak to my delivery guy, so i finally got my package yesterday afternoon... The only squirrel brush i have is the G5521 and it is soft, but the Z8 is softer!! Sooo beautiful and soooo expensive, but i dont regret it one bit
yessss I'm so happy u are enjoying your new babies I bet its stunning and beautiful to use My goodies will be here tommorow president day delay delivery can't wait

Latest posts