Halloween!

foxykita143

I know we still have time but I am a huuuuge Halloween addict and although I have been thinking of costumes for the past couple months, now it's a little more appropriate to talk about it! Ok so heres the deal. My boyfriend and I want to dress as a couple for this Halloween party we are going to at our favorite bar. The kicker is is that the winner(s) can receive up to $300. So pretty much, we have to be something unexpected, original, and entertaining/funny to win. So that means no fairy tale princess and prince, and no romeos and juliet. And to be honest, we are both a liiitttlle on the morbid and politically incorrect side, especially with our sense of humor. I still want to look pretty so that rules out a couple of our original ideas, but I'm pretty stuck! Some things I thought of are Mickey and Mallory from Natural Born Killers (Not flat chested enough), Bonnie and Clyde (too played out), and Jack Skellington and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas (that one may work, but I'd have to talk him into wearing a lot of make up....) So pretty much I'm asking for some suggestions! I'm going to Myrtle Beach next weekend and that will give me a good oppurtunity to do some bargain shopping on supplies since my town is very small so thats why I'm looking for some help now. Thanks guys!

Rosalie1915

I am a Halloween freak too!! here are some couple ideas: Gomez and Morticia Adams, Phantom of the opera and christine, Lilly and Hermin Munster, Chucky and bride of chucky,True blood couple, and Mad doctor and Evil Nurse. But i do really love the Jack and Sally idea! have fun
smiles.gif

foxykita143

Thats my favorite too! I also reaaally like the Phantom of the Opera idea but there is nooo way my boyfriend would do that one haha, he wants to look gruesome, badass, or funny
th_rolleye0014.gif
I would like to do the Adams too, I actually have a dress I could make look very Morticia, but we may not be the only ones who have that idea

xsnowwhite

I absolutel love halloween. It's definitely myfav holiday. I love your jack&sally idea, sorry I don't have any ideas to contrbute though.

foxykita143

It's alright. I'm glad everyone likes that idea, it seems the most fun to me and I would loove to do the make up for it, hopefully he will let me or I can come up with something just as fun

InspiredBlue

I can't come up with any specific ideas right now, but I have a general tip if you need to come up with something new: think outside the usual "couples". Like in the halloween episode of How I met your mother, when the guy is Jack Sparrow and the girl is a parrot. That particular one isn't all that great, but I think there can be good costume ideas outside the usual guy-girl couple limits.

lauram

chucky and bride of chucky could be fun! you should pick something easily recognizable. sally and jack would be cute, but a lot of people do that

foxykita143

To be honest, chucky freaks me out a little! Lol I don't know if I could go through a whole night looking at a life sized one lol. And I still like jack and sally but I wouldn't want the store bought sally outfit and unfortunately I am not talented enough to make it myself.

blazeno.8

How about Sweeney Todd and his lover that helped him bump people off? I'm already working on getting stuff for my costume.

leenybeeny

A couple years ago, my cousin and his wife dressed up as a plug and socket.. they made a giant plug out of a box and the prongs out of tin foil and the socket from cardboard.. then they strategically placed the plug and socket at their nether regions
winks.gif
It was hilarious.

foxykita143

Mercula I love that GI Joe idea, and that is totally workable. And I know my boyfriend (who happens to be named Joe) would love to dress up as a big military man!

Leeny that plug and socket thing must have been hilarious! I've seen a costume at the store like that but I think homemade is always way better!

foxykita143

That sid and nancy idea is also great disco, I was actually planning on going 80s before Joe agreed on dressing up with me but I was going to go as Nikki Six lol