Hard wax, anyone?

brokenxbeauty

I was just wondering if anyone here used hard wax. The only waxings I've done were either at the salon, by professionals, or I used the Sally Hansen wax strips. While, they're okay, I sometimes have a hard time with them leaving some wax on my face or not pulling the hair off.
I was wondering if hard wax would be easier/more efficient, or if it would be harder and I'd have to be more careful about pulling off skin or something?

What are your experiences? Which do you prefer?

enjoybeingagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxbeauty
I was just wondering if anyone here used hard wax. The only waxings I've done were either at the salon, by professionals, or I used the Sally Hansen wax strips. While, they're okay, I sometimes have a hard time with them leaving some wax on my face or not pulling the hair off.
I was wondering if hard wax would be easier/more efficient, or if it would be harder and I'd have to be more careful about pulling off skin or something?

What are your experiences? Which do you prefer?

I prefer hard wax. There are no strips and the wax sticks to itself so it is easy to get any excess wax off skin. It will not leave any wax behind and if it does you can easily clean it up with oil. Because of the nature of hard wax it is more gentle on skin and can remove more hair if used properly. It is good for small areas (face) and coarse hair (underarm, bikini). HTH! PM me if you need any advice
smiles.gif

talste

I use them & do my own waxing as after living in remote areas with no or very poor quality salons it was either learn to wax or run around hairy lol.

Definitely use a hard wax preferably with titanium dioxide on sensitive areas, The hard wax grips better & I find it doesn't hurt as much & the titanium dioxide helps to relive redness.

In Australia Caron laboratories manufacture the best quality waxes IMHO, I'm not sure if they are available globally but you can buy them from Ebay (brilliance & deluxe strawberry creme are the ones I use) & babyliss do pretty good wax pots.

Also its a good idea to buy some pre & post waxing cleansers & oils to avoid infections & sooth the skin after waxing.

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

Oh thanks talste, been looking for some good at home waxing products the stuff in the supermarkets are just crap. I love waxing myself (I enjoy the pain... yes i'm a weirdo... I've started to develop a thing for piercings too lol)