Has anyone else noticed this?

NeonKitty

A few days ago while surfing Specktra, I noticed an ad for a verified counterfeit website on the top and side of the page in the google ad space. Offering one of those infamous 45 piece "MAC" brush sets for 30-ish bucks. I noticed it several times over a couple of days on Specktra. Just now when I logged in, another ad for a different website was offering bidding on wholesale brandname cosmetics, a site which is notorious for being a vehicle for counterfeit peddlers.

Now I know Specktra does not choose or endorse or otherwise control what ads google ads puts on here. I just find it irritating because Specktra has a reputation of strongly discouraging counterfeit sales; promoting awareness and purchasing from legit sources. I just envision a newb coming to Specktra, knowing our reputation and assuming the google ads, which are not endorsed by Specktra, to be vetted and legit.

Just wondering if this was something only I was noting based on my surfing patterns, or if others were noticing this too.

ThePerfectScore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
A few days ago while surfing Specktra, I noticed an ad for a verified counterfeit website on the top and side of the page in the google ad space. Offering one of those infamous 45 piece "MAC" brush sets for 30-ish bucks. I noticed it several times over a couple of days on Specktra. Just now when I logged in, another ad for a different website was offering bidding on wholesale brandname cosmetics, a site which is notorious for being a vehicle for counterfeit peddlers.

Now I know Specktra does not choose or endorse or otherwise control what ads google ads puts on here. I just find it irritating because Specktra has a reputation of strongly discouraging counterfeit sales; promoting awareness and purchasing from legit sources. I just envision a newb coming to Specktra, knowing our reputation and assuming the google ads, which are not endorsed by Specktra, to be vetted and legit.

Just wondering if this was something only I was noting based on my surfing patterns, or if others were noticing this too.

Yeah I've noticed this on other messages boards not just here... is sad.. they are based in I think Hong Kong and its so obviously fake... but I use AdBlock so I dont see it any more
th_DANCE.gif

gildedangel

No, they show up on mine too, but not often. Google Adsense needs to get some sense and stop letting counterfeit producers use thier service.

chickatthegym

Sadly, I don't think Google Adsense cares as long as they are paying to advertise
ssad.gif
The ads are totally random. Hopefully newbies have enough sense to know they are ADs and not click on the fake garbage. That sucks though!