Has anyone ever sent in a complaint?

bubbleys

I'm not one to send in a complaint for bad service, but this is the first time I have for any store. My dad was kind enough to pick up some Fix+ for me when he was at the mall. He had pretty bad customer service when he went, which made me feel pretty bad because he was doing me a favour. Basically they clearly ignored/avoided him, and took people who clearly arrived later first. What really got to me was that when he finally got someone and handed them the paper she said, "Do you actually want to buy that?" in a very rude tone. My dad responded with, "Well I didn't want to steal it?" (haha) He isn't the one to complain about these things, but he said he felt really stupid/like a nobody when he went there.

I feel bad and decided to write a complaint. They asked for my address, I don't mind because I have nothing to hide, but do you know why they ask for it?

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleys
I feel bad and decided to write a complaint. They asked for my address, I don't mind because I have nothing to hide, but do you know why they ask for it?

I believe they ask for it to send you something.

obscuria

I have sent in a complaint before because of a horrendous experience at one store.

They asked me for my address as well. And they (while this may not be the case for every complaint) sent me a formal letter via mail to express their apologies and sent me a complimentary mac item.

gildedangel

They ask you for your addy to send you a complimentary item and an apology letter. No worries, they aren't going to sic a hitman on you or anything!

Pandor@

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
They ask you for your addy to send you a complimentary item and an apology letter. No worries, they aren't going to sic a hitman on you or anything!

LOLz!
lol.gif
That was funny!
Imagine if cosmetic companies did opt for such measures... That'd be a new form of "damage control".
greengrin.gif

LMD84

yes they ask for your address to send you a responce. i have complained twice... once last year about the pigment issue and last year about the quality of some brushes that i bought. i am not expecting anything from my pigment complaint - i just feel better explaining why i won't be purchasing anymore! but for my brush issue they sent me a cheque through the post for the amount i spent on them which was fantastic service. again when i complained i was doing it to let them know how i felt, not to get free stuff
smiles.gif

so if i were you i would get your dad to write the complaint. it sucks that he got ignored like that!!