has anyone ever tried revlon lipsticks?

mayushka

I like Colorburst ones, color is vibrant and looks really lovely (I got orange and lilac shades), and they stay on long enough. I'm really dissapointed with their matte ones, though. Very dry.

sampantha7

These are my absolute favorite drugstore lipsticks! I think they compare to several high end lipsticks! Especially the cremes!

mayushka

After wearing Colorburst for some time I noticed it has a tendency to gather on the lip line in little clumps. But that only happened with the peach shade, not with lilac, so I don't know, maybe it's just this one. The color still looks amazing, wonderful summer shade.

lilinah

Back in the old days, all Revlon lipsticks were fragranced (heck, nearly all good lipsticks were). A few years ago Revlon removed the fragrance from their "Super Lustrous" line, although IIRC, the "Moondrops" line still has that old familiar lipstick scent. It was a classic cosmetic fragrance "back in the day", but i gather younger people really dislike it - i guess to them it seems old-fashioned in a bad way. It seems to me that lines aiming at younger customers - both DS & HE - tend to smell like fruit, candy, or vanilla these days, and old fogey that i am, i really dislike fruit scented cosmetics and perfumes. Personally, i would prefer my cosmetics to be unscented, but i can live with the mild vanilla in a number of lines, such as MAC.

I have 21 Revlon lipsticks, counting a couple i bought back in the early to mid 1970s - for example, "Conga Lime", a frosted lime green lipstick (obviously no longer wearable), from back when Revlon was more daring and not just a DS brand. I have one Lip Butter - Gumdrop - and I'm planning to get some more - they seem comparable to MAC Sheen Supreme lipsticks - although the colors are a bit tamer.

But, L'Oreal is actually my favorite DS lipstick line - i have 25 (the oldest from the late 90s), and my favorite MLBB is L'Oreal Gilded Pink. In my experience, L'Oreal wears longer than Revlon, the colors stay truer, and they have some slightly more unusual colors than Revlon - but everyone's experiences vary.

I don't wear matte lipsticks, so i can't comment on Revlon or L'Oreal versions.

Neither line is truly ground breaking these days. I love blue-violet lipsticks and Revlon and L'Oreal don't make those sorts of colors - but MAC does - nor the various blue, teal, and green lip products MAC makes, many of which i own. And Revlon and L'Oreal don't have the amazingly beautiful shimmers that MAC sometimes has in their lipsticks (i hope MAC re-promotes some of those Digi-Pop Dazzles). I definitely prefer MAC, both colors and formulas, but at about half the price, Revlon and L'Oreal make some decent lipsticks that are fine for practical day to day wear if you can find a color that works for you.