Has anyone shopped at.....

mactabby

thecosmeticsconnection.net? I was looking through there and they have a good selection of pigments, alot of pro ones. They are slightly marked down but most of them are out of stock. Anyway, I noticed that the lids on the photos looks kind of shiny, so I was just wondering about them. They do state that their authentic. Cosmetics-Skin Care-MakeUp-Beauty Products Information So I don't know..... I did however order Blue and Chartreuse, I just couldn't help myself. *lol* So has anyone ever ordered from there?

panda0410

You may want to consider cancelling your order. I have alarm bells ringing in my head because these all look like fakes, AND they are all the same colours that are currently circulating in fake pigment "lots". I can almost guarantee you that the Blue will be a fake, and the Chartuese doesnt look right at all to me either - none of them do....

mactabby

I should've listened to my gut feeling. But noooo..... *lol* A little part of me was hoping they were real. My order status says its being shipped, is it to late to cancel it? Could I return to sender and stop the payment to the CC (I also paid through paypal). Would that work? Ah, lesson learned...... I thought because it was a website, they were going to be real. Kwim? Surely they can get in trouble for that!!!! I mean ebay yeah, easy for them to get away with it (hopefully not for long), but an online store like that????

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactabby
I should've listened to my gut feeling. But noooo..... *lol* A little part of me was hoping they were real. My order status says its being shipped, is it to late to cancel it? Could I return to sender and stop the payment to the CC (I also paid through paypal). Would that work? Ah, lesson learned...... I thought because it was a website, they were going to be real. Kwim? Surely they can get in trouble for that!!!! I mean ebay yeah, easy for them to get away with it (hopefully not for long), but an online store like that????

An easy mistake to make
ssad.gif
The problem is that lots of online stores do it because they buy in bulk from wholesalers - this is where a lot of the counterfeits enter retail circulation. Many stores dont even realise they have been selling fakes, but we have seen it in the past ~ snet was a good example of a "trusted" site that had been referenced as selling fakes. I am not sure if you can cancel and paypal are getting harder to deal with in refunds for fake pigments. I think the best you can hope for is a return policy and just purchase directly from MAC or known ebay sellers (my-boo-kitty, julie150463, tankist1, rick21994, sorroww13, charleyandemily, and densief609 who is one of the best sellers ever - is about to start relisting as well) - these guys all sell authentic pigments so you have a range of people to buy from that can still be trusted
winks.gif

mactabby

Unfortunately not because of "health concerns".
ssad.gif
Where is a girl suppose to order pro pigments. *lol* This is getting silly...... How do you buy from people on here? I keep seeing posts about a clearence bin, but can't get into it......

mactabby

Thanks panda, esp. for the list of ppl on ebay. So do you think because it is harder through paypal to get your money back, they know they can get away with it? Wonder why mac isn't putting a stop to it, like refusing to verify fakes?

panda0410

Its hard work prosecuting counterfeiters and takes a lot of resources, time and expense to hunt them down, charge then and prove those charges. The retailers are the "small fry" of the industry, most prosecutors will be chasing the manufacturers and wholesalers, although there HAVE been ebay sellers (one in the UK comes to mind) who HAVE been charged and prosecuted for selling fakes.
That list are people who I have personally purcahsed from myself and CONTINUE to purchase from. To date I have NEVER received a counterfeit item from any of those people, and several of them sell pro pigments as well - just have a look about, I am sure at least (or more) will have what you are looking for
smiles.gif

julie150463

Quote:
ssad.gif
Where is a girl suppose to order pro pigments. *lol* This is getting silly...... How do you buy from people on here? I keep seeing posts about a clearence bin, but can't get into it......

Hiya
Think you have to be a member for a couple of weeks before you can get into the clearance section or have made at least 5 posts - won't be long
thmbup.gif

mactabby

I wanted to give you all a heads up. So I think the girl running the website (mentioned above) is also selling on ebay. I recongize the name on the paypal statement, from the name being used on ebay (
s.gif
tiffers3636). Shes using the same pictures also, and the same colors that are "in stock" on the website. Along with the other product brands on the there.

red

Quote:
ssad.gif

you can order pro pigments by calling a Mac pro store, they'll ship to you (you don't have to have a pro card to buy from a pro store, you just pay full price that's all), or by calling Mac @ 800-387-6707
winks.gif

red

Quote:
Thanks panda, esp. for the list of ppl on ebay. So do you think because it is harder through paypal to get your money back, they know they can get away with it? Wonder why mac isn't putting a stop to it, like refusing to verify fakes?

I know in some countries Mac authenticates, here in the States as far as I know, they don't. The reason is quite simple, only Mac sells Mac
winks.gif
.. they don't have to authenticate their own merchandise. Just like Tiffany's ... they say "well if you have a receipt from a Tiffany, then its real, if you don't .. oh well
th_LMAO.gif
"