Has anyone tried the alcohol trick on a broken skinfinish?

bluegrassbabe

I dropped Stereo rose this morning. It cracked right down the middle. The half in the case is perfectly intact. The only half broke in about 10 peices plus a bunch of dust. I was wondering if it could be repaired with alcohol, or if I should just crush it and put it in a sifter. TIA

Sanne

hey bluegrassbabe!

I heard people saying that you should NEVER fix skinfinishes with alcohol! the best thing to do is crush it till it's dust, and put it a container with a sifter, with the size of a jar loose powder.

thegirlgotsoul

I've tried the alcohol thing with an eyeshadow, but never a MSF...I thought I heard you weren't supposed to do it on skinfinishes, but I could be wrong...

shygirl

I didn't risk it. I just took the advice from a fellow Specktra member and bought a sifter from Sephora.

user2

Have you ever tried to use a Mineralize Eyeshadow with water? The same thing will happen to a MSF!

bluegrassbabe

Thanks for the responses. I ask because I have not seen this covered anywhere else, so I had no clue if it worked the same way as they eyeshadow. I wanted to see if anyone had tried it, I was concerned about the difference in texture for the MSF.
I am not going to try it, no worries. I would never risk further damage to Stereo Rose (the HG of cheek color for me), lol.

I have used the MSF and mineral shadows with water. i.e. wet brush. Does something terrible happen? Just curious, I have never had any problem with it.

asnbrb

i repaired my stereo rose and my tres teal eyeshadow with water. you just wet it down so it looks mushy, pat it down with something until it sticks and leave it to rest for a while. it works perfectly fine, but it's no longer a pretty dome--- more like a mutated blob.

kalice

I repaired a broken shimpange (the old one) with 70% ethanol and it turned out to be exactly the same as before. I gathered some of the stray bits of it and mushed it with more alcohol and made a nice little eyeshadow for my 15 pan. Although I hear from other people that you shouldn't use alcohol for msf, it repaired mine just fine and the texture is exactly the same softness and silkiness as before. Mind you, it was a little less dusty, but went on my brush just fine.

saniyairshad

I would agree with the opinion of a sifter jar
smiles.gif