Has anyone tried viewing the MAC website and got an error?

GlamQueen21

When I went on MAC's website last night to track my packages, all of a sudden, it started loading for so long and somehow I exit out of the site since it was taking too long (usually it doesn't do that) and when I went back on MAC's website, it said error. Today, I e-mailed them about it and they told me this:

Quote:
Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at MAC Cosmetics Online.

We are sorry to learn of the page loading problem you have experienced. We have attempted to recreate the issue you have described, but have been unable to do so. However, we have provided some common solutions below for page loading problems of this nature.

- If you are not submitting the final step of your order, click the back button on your browser and try again.

- Copy the URL (Internet address) out of the address bar of your browser and paste it into a new browser window.

- It is possible that your Internet cache is corrupted. Deleting these files may solve the page loading problem you are experiencing.

If you are not sure how to do this, please be so kind as to reply to this email with the name and version number of the browser you are currently using so that we may further assist you.

As a valued customer, we would like to offer you free standard shipping as a gesture of our regret for the frustration you experienced.

Please call our toll-free number to place your order, and please give the following "one-use-only" code to your MAC Online Customer Service Representative (exchange93) to receive your free standard shipping.

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. If you would like to speak with one of our representatives at any time, please call 1-800-588-0070.

Best regards,

Rebecca
MAC Online
Customer Service

I'm so sad that I can't view MAC's website anymore
crybaby.gif

malaviKat

hmm no... i haven't found that.

however, i have bookmarks for certain parts of the site stored on my browser and when I try to navigate to them via bookmark (ie. directly to brushes) instead of browsing to them (ie. from maccosmetics.com --> products --> brushes) the site looks completely different. i was trying to figure out whether they were in the process of re-inventing themselves but hadn't reached a conclusion. Might explain some of the trouble on your end...

Maybe I missed an announcement on Specktra?

(i have no idea if that made any sense...sorry for rambling.)

kyoto

I haven't tried today, but yesterday the MAC site gave me errors everytime I logged on.

brandi

I was able to go on the MAC website with no problem. I logged onto my account and everything...

I do sometimes get those ? marks like the page didn't load right, but when I refresh it works...

lollipout

grrr....
me too.
bangdesk.gif

Picture5.png

I thought someone roaming the halls of this house had gotten crafty and blocked me from the latest catalyst of my compulsive spending.
nonono.gif

Good to know, at least, that it is not just me... i guess...

Hope it's fixed soon.

Quote:
As a valued customer, we would like to offer you free standard shipping as a gesture of our regret for the frustration you experienced.

At least there's that. (^_^) Must have been frustrating to have it go all wonky on you mid-order.

Kitten_TX

This was happening to me all day yesterday as well, the address could not be found error message. I went to IE settings and deleted cookies and closed and restarted IE and I was able to get back on the MAC site with no problems.
Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

ccroney1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten_TX
This was happening to me all day yesterday as well, the address could not be found error message. I went to IE settings and deleted cookies and closed and restarted IE and I was able to get back on the MAC site with no problems.
Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

I had the same issue but I had to reboot my computer to get it to work right.