Has anyone used NARS loose powders...

simplycathy

I went to Sephora yesterday to check out these powders, but a lot of the testers were missing! Just curious if anyone here has tried or used NARS loose powders. Good, bad reviews? Also, because a lot of the testers were missing, I really don't know which would best work for my NW20 skin. Any suggestions?

kimmae17

i love their loose powder! i am about a nc30 - nc35 in mac, and use desert loose powder from nars

Melly

I also really love Nars loose powder. It's really finely milled and looks matte on my skin but not in a flat way, and never chalky in the slightest.

Kuuipo

You get alot of powder that is very smooth in texture for your money. It also doesn't emphasize wrinkles or look too powdery.

wivinia

hey guys, i have a question here! i just got one off the net, and want to know if these come sealed with a sticker? because mine spilled out everywhere in the parcel during the mailing!
ssad.gif

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wivinia
hey guys, i have a question here! i just got one off the net, and want to know if these come sealed with a sticker? because mine spilled out everywhere in the parcel during the mailing!
ssad.gif

Yes, they do come sealed with a sticker inside the plastic container.

wivinia

thanks for the replies! ok i just opened up the box (before that i only opened it a little and powder was already flying everywhere so i thought i shouldn't lift the lid totally first) and there is indeed a sticker inside! why SO MUCH powder still managed to spill out seriously escapes me. but i have contacted drugstore.com where i bought it from and they have offered me a new one. so yay
smiles.gif

gracetre123

can anyone will be able to compare this nars loose powder with clinique´s?? I´m having some trouble to buff my clinique powder with my liquid foundation (chalky! no matter what)...and I was thinking to get the nars one but...

TIA

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycathy
I went to Sephora yesterday to check out these powders, but a lot of the testers were missing! Just curious if anyone here has tried or used NARS loose powders. Good, bad reviews? Also, because a lot of the testers were missing, I really don't know which would best work for my NW20 skin. Any suggestions?

Flesh, Eden or even Beach are all perfect for skin in the 20-25 range. Flesh is cooler than Eden. Beach is even warmer than Eden. Beach is a nice colour for light Asian skins, lighter Latinas and Italians, etc.

MAC_Pixie04

I have the shimmering one (Macchu Picchu) and i love the texture of it. I already use MUFE Super Mat loose powder, so I didnt get a matte powder from NARS, but I use them a lot on clients at work and it has a great texture. Very soft and velvety, and you can layer it without it looking uberpowdery or dry.

Kuuipo

Macchu Pichu is Beach with a shimmer in it. The shimmer makes a person look like they are candlelit, it is not a big, crazy sparkly shimmer. It passes the old lady test-it doesn';t highlight lines or look silly like some powders-it manages to be natural looking as opposed to being irredescent.

Kuuipo

They are not manufacturing SNOW anymore.
Try Flesh. It should be the right colour for you, its very pale.

Compulsive

Hi, all! My first post!
I'm not exactly a NW20 skin type but I've Loose Flesh and Eden: I usually mix it in the NARS travel size palette for loose powder and it works lovely over de makeup.

dolcedaniela

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
can anyone will be able to compare this nars loose powder with clinique´s?? I´m having some trouble to buff my clinique powder with my liquid foundation (chalky! no matter what)...and I was thinking to get the nars one but...

TIA

From what I remember, clinique's loose powder looked very chalky and powdery on me and emphasized imperfections. However, NARS loose powder if finely milled to perfection, blends beautifully into the skin and disappears. I have used sucky foundations and NARS loose powder makes it look much nicer and natural

kimmy

does anyone know how well nars loose powder will hold up on oily skin if used alone?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
They are not manufacturing SNOW anymore.
Try Flesh. It should be the right colour for you, its very pale.

Snow is still available on the NARS website.