Haters

GreekChick

All the counters around us, especially the perfume counters, are always ALWAYS complaining about our music. One of the perfume ladies completely ignores me when I'm shopping around for a fragrance. I too force her to at least say hi to me.
Don't you just love bothering them on purpose?! I love it!
I'll never understand why women are bitchy towards other women.

II3rinII

its completely opposite at our counter. maybe because we've been there for 5 yrs, but the belk associates love us. some of the female managers even come by for makeovers when we arent busy. the other counter girls gather at our counter and "oh and aw" over our collections. they even share their food when they have catered lunches (like for people working holidays). it sucks that other locations act so immaturely, especially since most of them are adults. just be the better person and stay fabulous!!

flowerhead

how mean! just completely ignore them, they're just jealous 'cos you have the glammest (?) job
tong.gif

DirtyPlum

I just dont understand girls/women sometimes... and why they have such a complex with things like this???

I experienced some hostility from a relative who works for EL, I work for MAC (in diff department stores). I bumped into her a while back, she was on her way to a training course and I told her that I had got myself a job with MAC - her face was a picture. She was quiet for a few seconds and then turned to me and said oh, that’s good. With very little sincerity.

She then went on to justify her reasons for not applying to mac and how she felt that it was too young and funky for her… and also dropped it in that wow, you travel all that way to work for MAC? - It’s a half hour drive. She has been working for EL for about 9 months herself and I've heard she has done some bridal freelancing too.

Anyway, Ive bumped into her a few more times since then and she hasn’t really spoken to me about it or asked how its going… fair enough, her choice. I saw her last week and the only thing she conveniently asked me was if my sister was still into her website designing because she wanted some help in setting up her website.
So, no 'hey how are you etc'… but she just had to drop it in that she is freelancing and now developing a website. I mean, seriously, good on her. Its great she is doing well, but why be hostile towards me… what have I done?? It’s a big world out there and there are gonna be more people in your chosen field too… deal with it, right?

And I'm so sure she has mentioned it to her sister too (a MAC fan) who I have also seen around and who also for some reason cant bring herself to say anything to me abt it. You know when someone looks at you to say something but then doesn’t… I get that a lot from them and in the past we have always asked how the other is doing, what you upto etc etc.

Anyway the other day my sister mentioned that her sister asked how my job was going at the department store?? As though she couldn’t actually bring herself to ask how my job was going AT MAC!?

I just don’t get it. But I'm just gonna carry on smiling…

MAC*GIRL08

Kill 'em with Kindness-
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
yes stare at my beautiful face for I am blessed, are you so insecure that you can't look in the mirror and feel the same way as I do. What your really doing is staring at is how well I carry myself, how near perfect my makeup is, the very auroa that surrounds me blinds you - you are the one that can either learn from it or be envious, for I am the lucky one, I have all these attributes and I know how to look at people and learn instead of look and envy. That is what I call true Diva Dynamics!
whether your a MAC girl, or just shopping at Eckerd Drug for Cover Girl - beauty comes from within - It's up to us to let those beams of light shine right out!!!!!!!!

miss_supra

I went to a UD counter to buy UDPP recently. I was chatting with a girl that was really sweet and as soon as she found out I work for MAC she began her bad mouthing. MAC is horrible, blah, blah, blah. I was so turned off by it and will never purchase from that counter (she was the counter manager).