Have you/your makeup changed since working...

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I don't think that is the case or that anyone here acts like that is the case. I think we hate it when people come in here and tell us how to do our jobs or what we are or aren't allowed to think and talk about. We aren't being separatist jerks, we are merely defending ourselves everytime people jump down our throats for expressing our opinions or sharing stories about our jobs.

I haven't told you I <3 you in a while.
bigheart.gif

CaitlinRH7

I'd agree there.

I was in the cosmetics/esthetic industry long before I worked for MAC...so everything I learned before MAC, I only applied to my career NOW and I continue to strive to be a better artist, and focus on the needs of my customers, not making a sale.

In my humble opinion... I'm not a salesperson. The makeup sells itself. I simply educate my customers on how to utilize the products they purchase from me.

People can point fingers, call names, say snide things, and turn their nose up at MAC artists all they want...in reality...they're probably ill with jealousy that our training is so specific, on-point, up-to-date, and INCREDIBLY designed to suit the customer.

I laughed when I saw the MAC Boycott forum... because of course, people that don't work for MAC don't understand the extent to which MAC takes care of their employees, their customers, the environment, and other issues that plague this world. They WOULD have something negative to say about MAC.

I love my job
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

amoona

TOTALLY! I have learned to not do too much haha. I think I was like a lot of people who think they know the MAC girl "look" and I always had to have super bright and crazy color. Now I learned that the MAC girl look is about being polished and well put together no matter what colors I use or how much.

I also think my artistry has grow A LOT since I started working with MAC. Everyday I get to do make-up on a different skintone, different eye shape, different skin texture, different personal taste. I have a long way to go though because I feel like sometimes I get stuck doing the samething and my creativity level needs to expand.

User49

Most definitly have gotten a lot more confident and my blending is much better! I think one of the best ways to see a difference too is to look at your first few face charts and compare them to the ones you do now! I actually had to throw out some of my first ones as it was just too embarrasing to have in a folder at work! lol! I'm glad we work in a company that continuously inspires us! CatlinRH&: wow! What a difference! Your skin looks awesome!!

Esme

So, get certified. A Cert II in MUA is only like 8 weeks long and less than $1000. What's stopping you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShiva
ssad.gif
i wish i could work at MAC - here in Australia they wont hire you unless you study and have appropriate industry certification.

Even if you have flair, skill and your own personal style that ain't enough
ssad.gif

Ruby_Woo

I haven't been there too long (3 months) but in this short time, I have seen a bit of change. The tools I use, the producst, colors, things I never thought of using (Studio Stick foundation!) and I now LOVE!

Ill get pics once more time has gone by
smiles.gif

DirtyPlum

^^Have you got any pics?

I would love to be able to show my transformation, but dont have a camera or any before pix. Ive been with MAC for over a year now and have totally changed and had other ppl notice it too. Its amazing how much you can learn and I totally rate the company for how much they do for employees
smiles.gif

boudoirblonde

I've been at Dior for nearly a year, I feel like my blending (and definitely my foundation colour matching!) has improved a lot, but I feel like I can't progress any further. As much as I love our products, they are definitely aimed at consumers and not 'artists', and Dior seems to be focusing more and more on their skincare lines rather than the make-up
ssad.gif