Having Trouble With Traincase...& Travel A Lot!!

macBARBIE

okay so i've had my sephora Large traincase for a while now..and i travel alot from my apartment to my bf's house, and to my mom's house and always bring it with me...however I feel like it's really hard to organize it!!! UGH ... i think that may be the reason why it takes me so long to get ready is i take like 2 min. looking for the next item i need....i find it hard b/c the storage thing all the way on the bottom is so deep you can stack many things on it and i find myself having to take a lot of my makeup out just to get something. i have to re-arrange it like every night or so...and plus, when i travel on airplanes i bring it with me to which is a nice traveler, but the metal thing on the side that holds the strap bent and now will not go over my shoulder =( this makeup case is pretty exp. ($113 + tax) but i dont think i'm having any luck with it.....does anyone have any other suggestions on how to store my makeup for someone who has to bring it with her all the time!!! i'm running out of ideas..i love everyone's vanities but I couldn't possibly do that because i need all my makeup with me when i go to my different houses. lol..*sigh* if i only had one place to stay it would be SO much easier!

MadchenRogue

I am actually the kind of person that needs to have things organized in a specific way . I dont have the tacklebox BUT i do have the little plastic containers which you can get at walmart for like 4 $ each I kid u not and my shadows and lipglosses are organized. So whether you are on the go or trying to organize your stuff without having it scattered this is a great option.
PLUS its cost effective
yes.gif

Search results for box - Wal-mart
Plano 3336 Guide Series Tackle Bag - Wal-Mart
Plano 4-By Tackle System - Wal-Mart
Plano FlipSider Tackle Station - Wal-Mart
Plano 737 Three-Drawer Tackle Box - Wal-Mart
Plano Flipsider Tackle Box - Wal-Mart

Artphr33k

i have that traincase too, and you're right... its a pain
and i think the smaller slots on the top are just too small.... im a freelance MUA and i hate having to carry like 3 cases: one for makeup, one for other stuff (on-the-go brush cleaner, cotton pads, alcohol, toner, tools, mixing medium), the brush roll, and then any extras. plus the baggie in my purse!!!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ssad.gif

LuxeKitten

I feel your pain, I travel a lot. I'm making the most by depotting everything and anything that is depottable. You can melt lipsticks down and put them in a MAC lipsticks palette - I don't know if they still sell them in stores though.

Otherwise using a combination of clear containers and (clear if you can) zip up cosmetics bags inside your train case seems to work best.

Good luck!