Healthy & Happy Recipes

summer6310

Banana Soymilk Breakfast Smoothie

This is a recipe from a nutritionist. It's delicious and easy to make for breakfast, also protein/carb balance.

-1 banana
-1.5 C soy milk
-some crush ice
-1-2 packs Splenda(optional)

mix all ingredient with blender. Enjoy!

I'd tried it after my morning workout. It's filling, I can go pass lunch time not feeling hungry sometime. I' used to eat banana with a cup of soy milk on the side for breakfast, and still feel hungry easily. For some reason, blending them together makes all the difference, amazing
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
Banana Soymilk Breakfast Smoothie

This is a recipe from a nutritionist. It's delicious and easy to make for breakfast, also protein/carb balance.

-1 banana
-1.5 C soy milk
-some crush ice
-1-2 packs Splenda(optional)

mix all ingredient with blender. Enjoy!

I'd tried it after my morning workout. It's filling, I can go pass lunch time not feeling hungry sometime. I' used to eat banana with a cup of soy milk on the side for breakfast, and still feel hungry easily. For some reason, blending them together makes all the difference, amazing
smiles.gif

Wow...blast from the past. My mom used to make something like this when I was a kid
smiles.gif
, but also added blueberries. If you like blueberries, they make a great taste addition as well as adding some great nutrients.
smiles.gif

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Wow...blast from the past. My mom used to make something like this when I was a kid
smiles.gif
, but also added blueberries. If you like blueberries, they make a great taste addition as well as adding some great nutrients.
smiles.gif

yay, I bet it will taste good with blueberries, I'd tried strawberries, it was yummy
smiles.gif

mskitchmas

I've been on a pretty strick diet the past few weeks..no sugar, no carbs. (note: doc and nutritionist monitored!) Yesterday I made this fish...and it was delish!

Sorry..I made it up..so no exact measurements.

Piece of Orange Roughy (I bet any white fish will work)
I used a piece about 4" x 7" and 1//2" thick

Season with salt, pepper, ground ginger and coriander, both sides.
Cover with thinly sliced lemon.

Place on cooking-sprayed broiler pan. Be sure to place water in the pan, to provide steam. Place about 1/4 of the way from the broiler in over. Broil on high. You'll need to keep checking the fish for doneness, and may have to remove the lemon slices so they don't burn. Flip fish about 1/2 way.

While the fish is cooking..Cube 2 Roma tomatoes, keep the juice and seeds, place in bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano, and a teaspoon of mustard. Heat the whole mixture on low in a small saucepan, stirring to keep from burning. You just want to heat it up and make it juicy (and the sweetness from the tomatoes will come out-yum!), not boiling.

When the fish is ready, remove lemon, if you haven't done so already and spoon tomato/mustard mixture on top.

Enjoy!

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by choseck
Egg White Egg Bake:

(I got this from my Personal Trainer)

18 egg whites
then basically add whatever vegetables you want:

eg:
onions
green peppers
red peppers
cilantro
tomatoes
(seriously anything)

spray bottom of pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until done.

**Makes six servings.. I'm sure you could half the recipe if you wanted.

I'm definately gonna try this...do you what size pan works best?

I think I'm going to try this in a muffin pan, for portion control.

Vicky88

Pizza Omelette

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
2 egg yolks
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp tomato puree
40g corn (fresh or canned will work)
25g red onion (chopped)
25g green pepper (chopped)
15g cheddar cheese (grated)
1 tsp olive oil (to cook)

Step one: beat egg whites and yolk, add oregano and beat again.

Step two: cook omelette in pan with the olive oil.

Step three: remove omelette from pan and transfer to a cooking tray and spread tomato puree all over it.

Step four: put corn, onion and pepper on top then scatter the grated cheese all over.

Step five: grill on a very low heat until the cheese is melted.

Step six: serve and enjoy!

Total calories: 355
Total fat: 14.5g (mainly from the cheese and oil so not too bad!)

hyperRealGurl

Tasty Tuna Salad

Ingridients
1 can water packed tuna drained.. or u can use fresh grilled tuna broken into chunks
2oz chopped black olives
1 ripe tomato diced ( red/yellow which ever u prefer " i use red")
1 small cucumber diced
1cup Bow tie noodles
1/4 tsp Rosemarry
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp of celery salt
1/2 cup light mayo
NOTE: If your not into Mayo. Then u can sub it with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar to make a Vinaigrette.

Start off by cooking noodles.. i add a pinch of salt for taste and oilve oil to the water as its cooking.

While the noodles cook chop ur vegetables ie: Tomato and Cucumber.

Done noodles need to be drained and set aside to cool off.

Once noodles are cooled off u want to add ur tuna tomato and cucumber and all ur dry ingridients (herbs) i know i have measurments but everything is pretty much to taste so if u feel the need to add more of something then do so
smiles.gif

once all everything is combined then add the mayo.

Then stuff your face.. Yummy

Pic for Ref
smiles.gif

Clickable Thumb

AndreaLeigh

TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE

Ingrediants:

3 cans tuna in water, drained
3 cups frozen vegetable mix
½ cup milk
¾ cup saltines, crushed
5 cups whole-wheat egg noodles
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup
½ cup fat free cheese
Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste

Cook egg noodles. When three minutes remain for the noodles, add the frozen vegetable mix. Cook for the remaining time and then drain.

Combine all ingredients except the saltines & cheese. Transfer to casserole dish and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and add saltines; top with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.

Makes 8 one cup servings at 255 calories each.

AndreaLeigh

Greek-Style Couscous Salad

1 cup whole-wheat couscous, uncooked
1 large cucumber, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 package (5oz) crumbled feta cheese (can sub with lf or ff, just adjust cals)
1t dill weed
1/2 cup ff italian dressing

Cook couscous as directed on package, omitting salt and butter/oil. When couscous is cooked, fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl and cool for 10 minutes.

Add remaining ingrediants and toss. Refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to blend.

AndreaLeigh

Lasagna Pie

1 pound (or more, I used 1.25) of ground turkey
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
2/3 cup light ricotta cheese (could use ff to cut calories)
3 T parmesean cheese
1 T milk
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese (I used part skim, but the recipe actucally calls for ff)
2 cups Bisquick (I used Heart Smart Bisquick)
1 cup milk
3 egg whites
Additional spaghetti sauce as topping

Preheat oven to 400 degree. Prepare pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.

Cook ground turkey in a skillet. When that is done, add 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and heat until bubbling. Meanwhile, stir together rictotta, parmesean, 1 T milk, and salt.

Spread half of beef mixture into the pie plate. Drop ricotta mixture by spoonfuls onto the beef and gently spread. Top with the other half of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzerella chese.

Stir Bisquick, 1 cup milk, and the egg whites until blended. Pour onto pie plate. Bake 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and spaghetti sauce (optional) and bake until cheese melts.

6 servings @ 373 calories per serving. If you use skim milk or FF cheese, adjust your calories accordingly.

AndreaLeigh

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders

12 oz. chicken tenders
1 cup Fiber One cereal
1/2 cup egg beaters
Spices to season - I used garlic salt and cajun seasoning

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once.

AndreaLeigh

Cheesy smashed potatoes

1/4 cup 2% milk (adjust calories is using skim)
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 lb. red potatoes
1/4 cup ff sour cream
1 cup ff cheddar cheese

Boil potatoes and cauliflower until tender. Drain and mash. Stir in milk, sour cream, and cheese.

Makes 5 1/2 cup servings. Each serving is 121 calories.

AndreaLeigh

Vegetarian Chili

Chili

1 package Morningstar Farm Veggie Crumbles
1 small chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup salsa
1 package chili seasoning mix
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans mexican style diced tomatoes

Combine all ingrediants, plus one can water, into a crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours.

AndreaLeigh

Jambalaya

1 Large Onion
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 stalks celery
2 carrotts diced
2medium sized red peppers
1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 c long grain brown rice
1 12 oz package of turkey OR chicken andouille sausage cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
1 tsp hot sauce
2 TBsp fresh thyme
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups water
3 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined.

Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, rice,and sausage in the crockpot in that order. Add hot sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and water. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.

One hour before finished cooking, toss in parsley and shrimp. Stir until well combined adding more water if needed.

Nutrients per Serving:
Calories: 300
Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 37 g
Protein: 29 g

AndreaLeigh

If anyone uses protein powder to make shakes and has extra, try protein brownies. It's just one scoop of flavored protein powder (vanilla, choc, etc) with one T of fat-free, sugar-free pudding mix (any flavor - be creative). Then add about 3T of water, enough to make it goopy, and stir. Microwave for one minute and you have a very quick snack. You can add syrups, extracts, nuts, etc to jazz it up.

jennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattage
Yogurt with Ground Flax & Honey

This has been a lifesaver for me! Not only does it help keep my tummy happy and healthy, it's so easy to make that I look forward to breakfast. A great way to get those omega-3s as well!

1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup ground flax seed
2 tbsp liquid, non-pasteuriuzed honey

Place yogurt, honey and flax in a bowl. Stir with a spoon until mixed - enjoy!

greengrin.gif

one thing my nutritionist told me last year...
i used organic non fat plain yogurt, flax seed, organize honey and some chopped up organize berries and yummm!!! but too bad 4 months later i became lactose intollerant
ssad.gif
miss the yogurt

V15U4L_3RR0R

Vegatable Stew (meat can be added as well if you like)

You will need:
1 pint of boiling water
A vegetable stock cube
1 sweet potato
1 normal potato
2 carrots
4-5 mushrooms
1 leek
4 spring onions
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Half a cup of peas
Have a cup of lentils of your choice (I tend to use chick peas)
Herbs of your choice
A splash of Lea and Perins worcester sauce

Method:
(If you're using a slow cooker turn it on now)
Crumble up your stock cube into your pot or slow cooker and pour on the pint of boiling of water. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
(If you're doing it in a cooking pot, turn on your stove to a low- medium heat after putting in the above ingredients)

Chop the other veggies into chunks (they can be as small or as big as you want. I personally prefer it chunky.) Put them into the pot. Add the herbs, lentils and peas and the Lea and Perins to taste. Put the lid on and do other things for a few hours. I usually check at 2 hour intervals but you don't have to stick to this. I like to give it a stir occasionally. In a slow cooker it will take around 6 hours on high and in a pot on the stove it should be done in about 2 and a half to three hours. I mostly just go by when the potatoes are done as they tend to take the longest to cook.

Serve and enjoy!

Feeds 4 people.

You can really vary this recipe however you like though and add or take away depending on what you like. But stew is one of the easiest things to make, and a small amount will fill you up easily. But experiment with it. Stews are also great for autumn and winter and are very warming.

Forgot to mention that I don't skin my veggies as thats where a lot of the vitamins are. I do scrub them all well before cooking.

supernova

One thing I practically live on is stir fry. This is just how I make mine, it is very versatile so add whatever veggies you like. And this is just for a personal serving.

1 skinless boneless chicken breast
1 whole bell pepper (I like yellow or orange)
Broccoli (however much you want)
Sweet onion (however much you want)
1/2 a carrot cut in long diagonal strips
Water chestnuts
Garlic (I LOVE GARLIC!!) I buy the kind in a jar that is already minced.
1 tbsp Olive oil
Garlic Salt, pepper and lemon pepper seasoning

Sauce:
1/3 c H2o, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, and 1 tbsp corn starch.

I sautee the veggies in the oil until they start to get soft, then I transfer them to a bowl and cook the chicken and garlic together, when the chicken is done I add the veggies back to the wok and add the sauce. Stir until it thickens up. And voila! You can add rice or quinoa or couscous if you like.
Hope someone finds this recipe helpful, its super affordable and healthy!

blazeno.8

red wine vinaigrette

This is a recipe I made when I was living on my own and had to re-invent my kitchen. I headed down to the store and bought a lot of spices and this was something I was always sure to make when I went over to my friend's place for dinner. It's a wonderful and spicy vinaigrette that can be a strong (or mild) as you want!

Red Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
Onion
Garlic (fresh)
Oregano
Thyme
Fresh ground black pepper
ground Mustard
(salt if you want)

Either chop or liquefy all of your ingredients together and put ingredients in a glass jar cover w/ foil tightly and seal. Store in a cool area and be sure to shake it up every now and then before serving. I love serving it with dark salads and cheeses like Manchego. It's also a good salad for wine and cheese parties (especially if the wine is red).

msjazzy

I just started on a health mission and have been fishing for healthy recipes..

Tilapia

can't give exact measure (i'm sorry). I season it with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powder. I make a foil packet to cook them in ( it helps the fish from drying out) I usually cook them for about 20-25 minutes at 375 (but my oven is old and takes longer to heat up- so check them). I always undo the foil and run them under the broiler to get it a little browner ( about 2 minutes max). Also sometimes I spray the foil very lightly with non-stick spray, but that's optional.

For starters, the tilapia is not actually "fried" but rather cooked through on high heat. You start with your bellpeppers and onions and sautee them in a about tablespoon or two of olive oil in a non-stick skillet.(the type of skillet is very important) In the meantime, season your tilapia the way you like it (i prefer any type of cajun seasoning blend - garlic powder, red pepper, etc.). Scoop your veggies over the side of the skillet and put your fish in (you may have to put a little more olive oil in). Put the veggies on top of the fish as you let it cook. Put the top over the skillet and your fish will really steam. Cook each side for a few minutes and at the last minute, dice up your tomatoes and put them on top of everything else. You will want to season it with a little more seasoning as well so your tomatoes won't be bland.
The key is to handle the meat carefully and to also not cook it too long on each side. I hope you enjoy!!

Latest posts