Hearing voices? Seeing ghosts? Blame the coffee

caffn8me

Quote:
People who drink too much coffee could start seeing ghosts or hearing strange voices, UK research has suggested. [Link]

Well, I've tried, damn how I've tried. 32 espressos a day (over 3g of caffeine) and still yet to see a ghost!

The only thing vast amounts of caffeine does to me is cause an irregular heart beat (supraventricular ectopics for the cardiologically curious)
greengrin.gif

gigglegirl

oh.gif
I've been trying to stop drinking coffee as often as I did, for that irregular heartbeat thing. It kinda freaks me out. Tea just doesn't smell the same as a great brewed cup of coffee, but I'm trying to make the switch for my health.

And OMG can I just say, you floored me when you said you've drunk 32 espressos in one day. Is that normal for you or how much do you normally drink?

caffn8me

I've cut back a lot recently but I used to drink grande quadruple shot lattes - and I'd have eight of those a day, every day. I cut back because of the amount of milk I was drinking rather than the amount of caffeine
smiles.gif

32 shots of espresso used to be my average daily intake. There were days when I drank more than that!

jdechant

Lol....I wouldn't drink that much coffee just cause I would be TERRIFIED if I ever saw a ghost..lol!!! But I love me some coffee!! Mmmmmmm
NeedCoffee.gif

Macnarsandlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Well, I've tried, damn how I've tried. 32 espressos a day (over 3g of caffeine) and still yet to see a ghost!

The only thing vast amounts of caffeine does to me is cause an irregular heart beat (supraventricular ectopics for the cardiologically curious)
greengrin.gif

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.