Heatherette for WOC

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
this is how 3n l/s looks on me ...which remind me of how melrose would look :/

blueeyes.png

i think the l/g would go for any complexion my fav l/g is 1n which looks like bonus beats??

It looks fab but I'm confused ..what are you referring to as 1n and 3n??

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
It looks fab but I'm confused ..what are you referring to as 1n and 3n??

the n collection came out in jan 2008 ...with these limited edition products
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

I love your videos! I almost felt special, too. The 1st MUA I met didn't tell me to buy Oh Baby or Chestnut----but every one after her did.

MsButterfli

so far i got both sets of lashes, Sock Hop, Hollywood Nights and Trio 2. So far im really liking sock hop, gives me a nude-esque looking lip. this was all i was able to get so far cuz the Pro Store here in NY had ran out of stuff since it was out for bout 6 days
ssad.gif
but i plan on getting Style Minx and Starlet kiss. i'll try n get some swatches up soon

NC50 for reference

AfricanaEyes

Hollywood Nights is a beautiful color. I just don't see myself wearing it out all the time since it is a bit loud. We're gonna see though....headed to MAC to do some swatches. I'll have some up on my blog later toooo.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
the n collection came out in jan 2008 ...with these limited edition products
smiles.gif

Ahhhh thanks! I was sat baffled trying to work it out!!
tong.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanaEyes
Hollywood Nights is a beautiful color. I just don't see myself wearing it out all the time since it is a bit loud. We're gonna see though....headed to MAC to do some swatches. I'll have some up on my blog later toooo.

I tried that combo won today and it was so pretty, I'm just not sure if I can rock it, but I still bought it. Funny thing happened the BP and lashes rung up wrong, how about a $10 BP and $10 lashes! go me.

Not to worry I called the counter 30 minutes later and told them to check the products.

quizshow

I tried all the l/s and l/g and ended up with only style minx. Everything else looked pretty ridiculous on me. Didn't try the e/s or bp. But I think I'll also grab the darker bp as well.

damsel

i ended up getting only trio 1 (with the green e/s) and sock hop.

i tried trio 2 but it looked soooo blah. the shadows appeared flat and lifeless.

i tried hollywood nights, it was really bright. all the customers kept on complimenting me on how nice i looked with it on but idk... i may get it later. it was fairly similar to girl about town.

lollypop loving showed up as shimmer on my lips. not cool. there was no color payoff at all.

the beauty powders were ashy... smooth harmony as very similar in color to my skin.

the pigments were ok. not worth $20 however.

i didn't really look at anything else. i knew the other lippies would not go well with my skintone and i have no interest in shiny lashes or glitter.

janelovesyou

I did some swatches in the swatch thread, go check them out and tell me if I look crazy. Lollipop loving looks so good on the other WOC (well everyone for that matter) but it just looks plain on me.

MAChostage

I ended up getting:

• Style Minx l/g
  • Both sets of lashes
  • Trio 2
  • Fab Orchid/Dash Lily & Nighthawk/Front Row pencils
Those were the only things I thought from the beginning that I'd buy. Actually, I considered Smooth Harmony before I actually got a chance to check it out in person. I'm just not much of a beauty powder or blush kind of person (I only own one blush!).

Now I'm ready for some NEW pigments!
yes.gif

Oh, hey, I meant to add that while I was at my counter today my MA invited me to a MAC Technique Event in a couple of weeks! I'm so excited to take part in this! Has anyone else done one?

AfricanaEyes

I'm NW45 and hauled Lollipop Loving and Sock Hop. They look great together but honestly....ain't nothin' special. I just had to get SOMETHING because the packaging is tooo cute. The trios are cute too but they seem to be dupe-able (is that a word?) so I didn't get those. The pigments....... Ohhh, lovely. But I'm not shellin' out the $20 for each one either, damsel.

Don't wear beauty powders and I'm anti-glittery stuffs so I passed on those too. Heatherette is still a pretty collection....just didn't WOW me this time. I would post swatches but for some reason I always do it wrong on Specktra and always end up gettin' in trouble. Ha. But I did do some swatches and a review on my blog.

MACHostage---the technique classes are FUUUUN! It's like a party for me. I've been to three in Orlando, Tampa and Los Angeles. You will definitely learn a lot and have fun.

andicandi3x12

I went out today and I ended up buying hollywood nights and style minx. I love them to death I mean I think they are hot! together and alone I used a auburn lip pencil from NYX and it looked fab I can't wait to wear these out.

NC45 for reference.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicandi3x12
I went out today and I ended up buying hollywood nights and style minx. I love them to death I mean I think they are hot! together and alone I used a auburn lip pencil from NYX and it looked fab I can't wait to wear these out.

NC45 for reference.

I love it as well I'm thinking of getting a style minx backup, that color is so bright and pigmented.

lilhenna

Re: Heatherette for WOC (L/S)

Reference: NC42

I adore Lollipop Loving.

Tried Fleshpot, and God help me, I looked horrid, even the MA said so. :/

The other L/S colors didn't appeal to me in general.

Cheers,