Heatherette May Be Going Out of Business??

AppleDiva

I found this article.

Basically, Heatherette canceled their show @ Bryant Park for the 2008 NY Fashion Week. The company is not doing well financially.

Talk of the Tents

Hopefully, the MAC collection can help increase recognition of the Heatherette brand.

KittieSparkles

Re: Heatherette May Be Going Out of Business

Oh no!!
ssad.gif
I love Heatherette
ssad.gif

xsnowwhite

aw man!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
they are my fave designers! I hope they do ok

Janice

I really think this article puts the wrong spin on their statement. I think the title of this thread is a bit overboard as well in perpetuating the wrong idea.

The full statement Traver made was:

Quote:
“Three years ago, we signed a deal with backers who became our partners,” designer Traver Rains tells the pub.

“Now those three years are up and we are figuring out what we want to do. Do we re-sign or not? All this was just bad timing for Fashion Week this year.”

You can find a better (the original) article on this here:

No Fashion Week show for Heatherette

AppleDiva

Thank you for the update b.c I was definitely concerned about them.

I did use the word "may" because shutting down operations is always a possibility when companies "reorganize." We have all seen this happen time and time again. There are some companies like Esprit that shut down for awhile and re-start the brand. So I did not want to give the impression that the clothier was indeed closing down, when that information has not been made official either way.

From the article, I get the impression that they will have to re-tool the brand anyway. I do wish them much success.

Honey B. Fly

if they were in that much trouble i dont see MAC even taking a chance with using them

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey B. Fly
if they were in that much trouble i dont see MAC even taking a chance with using them

Well, I think that partnering with MAC would expose them to a whole new set of consumers. In the article that Janice posted, the writer said that the brand really "did not take off with retail customers."

magg0rz

I thought Heatherette was too theatrical for mainstream buyers. That's not to say I didn't like their runway shows. The only people that really buy their clothes are party girls and starlets.

user46

i was tihnking the EXACT same thing Quote:
Originally Posted by magg0rz
I thought Heatherette was too theatrical for mainstream buyers. That's not to say I didn't like their runway shows. The only people that really buy their clothes are party girls and starlets.

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:

It worked for Betsey Johnson
th_dunno.gif
hehehe

greatscott2000

I think there are more opportunites for them now that they have gained tons of exposure. I'm sure they will sign with another financial backer or they can "boutique it".

xoxprincessx0x

Quote:

I see this is an old thread but I COMPLETELY disagree with this statement. Heatherette is my favorite brand and I wear it ALL the time. Check out Karmaloop.com - Urban Clothing / Global Streetwear Culture and check out all the awesome, wearable Heatherette.

Brittni

tbh I've never even seen anything from Heatherette before brought to me by MACs attention... lol by the way apple - pretty avatar. ;o)

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
I see this is an old thread but I COMPLETELY disagree with this statement. Heatherette is my favorite brand and I wear it ALL the time. Check out Karmaloop.com - Urban Clothing / Global Streetwear Culture and check out all the awesome, wearable Heatherette.

I have never seen those pieces but I really like them. I think the problem is that they haven't shown themselves as a realistic brand. When you think Heatherette you think over-the-top. Now, I know that runway fashion is different than what hits the stores. The thing is that I have never seen any of their regular line on anyone. I always see the crazy, colorful stuff that only celebrites, club kids and fashionistas/socialites would wear. And come to think of it I have never seen their regular line in a store. I just checked their myspace page and I think there are 4 stores in Illinois that carry their line. I think they are going to do as the Gaultier's and Galliano's have done and have a crazy, fun, eccentric line but cater more to the mass market and present collections that people will see themselves in.

xoxprincessx0x

AWESOME!!! An opportunity for me to show off some of my Heatherette items lol
yahoo.gif
PIC HEAVY NOW!! just wanna open you guys up to how awesome and wearable heatherette really is!! i have been obsessed with them for way long before this mac collections. here are some pieces I just happen to have pics in!!

BTW MY NAME IS HEATHER
th_LMAO.gif

This is a really cute hoodie..the back has ruffles
front1nj6.jpg

back1bo6.jpg

This is my favorite heatherette i own, reversible cropped sweater.
front2zo5.jpg

back2ht7.jpg

I wore this shirt in honor of the MAC release with Trio 1 lol
heatheretteut3.jpg

My newest heatherette top with some Heatherette jeans
heatherette2ze0.jpg

One of my favv<3 heatherette tops
heatherette3fg8.jpg

this one isn't really visible but its off the shoulder and it says heatherette through the music notes...very flashdancee lol
heatherette4vx2.jpg

thanks for looking guys i had fun lol ITS WEARABLE RIGHT??​

shadowaddict

I'm too old for their stuff but I love buying it for my daughter who is 19. They have the cutest things. She really loves their tees and hoodies, which at college is basically what she lives in with Lucky jeans. I can always buy her their tops and Lucky jeans and I know they will fit perfectly.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
One of my favv<3 heatherette tops
heatherette3fg8.jpg

I loooove this outfit.