Hello...I have a MU test...re-test coming up. I have mixed feelings now.

Fayester

I had a MU test not to long ago...that didn't go as well as I would like. It was my first time interviewing for MAC and I had no idea of a MU Interview before going in. Anywho...the test did not go as well as I like..but they asked me to come back for a re-test. I've been doing MU for quiet some time (7 plus years) freelancing on the side. I'm not excited about the re-test. I'm stressing over the fact that...I'm now unsure...about the whole thing. :confused:

ShexyKristin

Don't be nervous just have some people over like tell friends to bring friends so do their makeup so that you do it in front of lots of people and get them to time you and only have like 20 mins or something, that way you might be more ready, or prepared?
smiles.gif
Good luck!

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayester
I had a MU test not to long ago...that didn't go as well as I would like. It was my first time interviewing for MAC and I had no idea of a MU Interview before going in. Anywho...the test did not go as well as I like..but they asked me to come back for a re-test. I've been doing MU for quiet some time (7 plus years) freelancing on the side. I'm not excited about the re-test. I'm stressing over the fact that...I'm now unsure...about the whole thing. :confused:

I posted this in this Specktra thread: http://specktra.net/showthread.php?p=876441#post876441

Ditto!

Rock it out in three months. Ask the Manager what you didn't do. Get details so you will be more than ready! A few tips.

At MAC, we are the kings and queens of sanitization!

Sanitization: Do your hands first with hand sanitizer.

1. If you prepare your own station, first wipe the area with an alcohol moistened paper towel. Lay down two tissues to place products on top of.
2. Sanitize your spatula, petri dish (for liquid foundation, moisturizer, concealer) with a tissue moistened with alcohol.
3. Use a Q-tip moistened with alcohol to sanitize a sharpener (open it and wipe blade, both sides)
4. Lightly wipe the top of EVERY cosmetic product that you use (shadows, powders, blush, cream products) with a dry tissue. Fold used portion of tissue over and use a clean space for each. One tissue can be used to wipe about 6-8 products.
5. Pencils - Dip in alcohol, sharpen, dip again, then wipe pencil with dry tissue to remove ALL alcohol. Re-sanitize sharpener between different pencils. For retractables and shadesticks, dip in alcohol and wipe clean and be sure to wipe enough to remove the top layer of product. Remember, after dipping hold it upside-down so that the alcohol doesn't seep down into the tube portion. (This is also how you sanitize lipsticks)

To help with time, try to grab all of your products in one trip, sanitize all at once, then begin application. Have your look down to a T, step by step in your head so you can work continuously.

Keep your work-station neat. Make a little pocket with paper towel for the front of the brush belt that you'll use to throw away used disposables, tissues, and etc,. Fold in half, then in half again. Then take one corner and fold down (like the way cloth napkins are folded at restaurants). Stick closed end into a front pocket of the brush belt, and let that folded down corner lay over on the outside. This will give you two neat little pockets to quickly pop debris into. If do not use a brushbelt, fold the closed corner flat to form a little bowl and prop that up near where you will be working.

Have an organizational system so that things stay in order and neat. Have a space to line up used brushes, line up shadows from dark to light. Petri dish, powder, blush - all in a row in the order that you will use them. When you set up your station this way, you can use a product then put it back in its space. That way, you are organized from start to finish. Mascara, pencils, shadesticks, and etc., neatly lined up. Paint, pain-pots in a row near pencils. Line up your disposables - mascara spoolies, lip wands, and liners.

While your doing the application, treat your model as a customer - clearly explain with as few words as possible what you are doing, what products, tools, & brushes you are using and why. Make sure your voice is very friendly and distinctly enunciate your words using your best diction; trust me, they are listening and looking for these things. Show that you enjoy applying make-up.

These are the basics - if you have any questions just ask.
type.gif

I may have left a couple things out.

Read the whoe thread and do a search for more threads on the subject, you will find a lot more helpful advice that will ease your stress over the re-test.

That said, with all of your experience as a MUA, you can do this. Just learn to do it the MAC way.