Hello, my name is Mini the Cat, & I'm an alcoholic ?

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieHellcat
Wild guess...the only place I know of the 2 names together would be in Queen. Mercury & May.
smiles.gif
(sigh, loved me some Freddie M.)

oooh...how I LOVE Freddie...you might even say I'm obsessed with him ! (I'm in denial about lots of things)
smiles.gif

I never even thought about Brian May for his 2nd name (but it sure makes sense
smiles.gif

Freddie Brian the Cat is, yes, 1st named for Freddie Mercury

bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

& "Brian" is for my friend, Brian, who passed from HIV - related illness slightly over a year ago.
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

When I think of Brian's personality, (my friend, Brian, the man) he was much like Freddie, altho not quite as famous. Brian, like Freddie, was an outgoing performer, who made people feel good about themselves. I knew him since I was a child. He always made me feel happier; knowing he'd be there, sitting next to me in homeroom/Band, with his clarinet (he was 1 seat ahead of me until he graduated, & I inherited his seat)
smiles.gif
helped get this shy girl to school some Days. He never failed to make me laugh! He went on like this throughout the rest of his Life. He lived for many years with HIV. Last time I saw him, he was muscle-bound, working, acting in plays, advocating, volunteering, & helping so many people. He founded an orchestra of gay/lesbian Musicians from Florida, and they played Madison Square Garden! He left a Life parter of some 20 yrs.

He asked to have Yellow colors at his Memorial service, rather than black.
I will miss him Forever.

I think of Freddie Mercury and Brian, simultaneously, so often...I wasn't much into Queen when Freddie was young, but I've always been somewhat of a fan. My more recent obsession with Freddie probably coincided more or less with my friend, Brian's, passing. Love you Forever, My Dear Friend.

xxxCherylFaith

DixieHellcat, i will PM you
smiles.gif

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
What an original name, eh?

Creamy is an original name!! I like it … my BF named my girl cat Spazz bc when he brought her home she went a little crazy running, sorry I mean flying, around. I named the boy Socks cuz he’s orange except for his four cute white paws.

Quote:
yet another olive cat! I think you're talking about black olives?

Yup, black olives but I’m sure he’d eat greens ones too!!

Quote:
What an adorable image!
My friend once made a pork chop, left it on the counter to cool, & one of her 8 cats ran off with it!

LOL!!
Quote:
When he was finished, he had left a few scraps; he opened the bathroom door & the 4 other cats fell in!

Oh dear!! I can just imagine them waiting by the door … mine would probably try to open the door!!

Quote:
Do kitties have an inborn can opener instinct?

They must!! Mine do the same, once I was making mac & cheese and I started to open a can of tuna to mix w/ it but before it was even half open they were at my feet asking for some!! Now I make sure I buy enough tuna for everyone!

Quote:
My British in-laws say we're "daft" when it comes to our furry loves.

“Daft” … lol my parents use that word all the time!!!

Ps. Freddie Mercury went to the same school as my Dad in India!!
smiles.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynelleM
Creamy is an original name!! I like it

You're sweet!
smiles.gif
I think the other cats will tease him when he's a big boy!

I keep thinking of him as a girl (until he begins his hygiene routine)
winks.gif

he does have *all* the markings of the tangerine kitties, but he's...well, "Creamy"
smiles.gif

TeamTangerMen2.jpg

(Photo above shows the Morning after the Wild Party. Mini later left to start his new job. Here are the 3 kittens with their chubby daddy, Jimmy (closest in against the couch; Mini is closest to you, the viewer.)

Quote:
… my BF named my girl cat Spazz bc when he brought her home she went a little crazy running, sorry I mean flying, around. I named the boy Socks cuz he’s orange except for his four cute white paws.

Aaaawww xxx They might get teased, too. I love it when a kitty has a strong-ish coloring all over, & then dainty white paws. I wonder how that happens, genetically speaking.

RaynelleM, you just made me think about how it's difficult to ask a cat to do *anything*. I think the only power we have over them is naming them... & then again, I wonder what they actually call each other in Meow-speak.

Quote:
Mine do the same, once I was making mac & cheese and I started to open a can of tuna to mix w/ it but before it was even half open they were at my feet asking for some!! Now I make sure I buy enough tuna for everyone!

And so you *must*. I tried to sneak in a tuna-fish sandwich earlier Today. All the kitties were asleep. I had barely touched the *cabinet* to reach in for the can, & 4 sets of expectant cat-eyes were looking at me. I was surrounded, once more.
smiles.gif

Quote:
“Daft” … lol my parents use that word all the time!!!

smiles.gif

Quote:
Ps. Freddie Mercury went to the same school as my Dad in India!!
smiles.gif

OMGoddess!!!! Farouk Bulsara went to the same school as your dad!
I wonder if they ever met? OMG!!!!

xxxCherylFaithxx

RaynelleM

Quote:

TeamTangerMen2.jpg

Awww …. They are gorgeous!!!

Quote:
RaynelleM, you just made me think about how it's difficult to ask a cat to do *anything*. I think the only power we have over them is naming them... & then again, I wonder what they actually call each other in Meow-speak.

Spazz probably calls Socks “Big Dummy” … she always looks at him like she’s superior and he’s just a bumbling fool!! lol!! She is a bit of a mean big sister cuz she doesn’t really like playing with him, she just likes when he helps her “clean” herself by licking her ears and the back of her head … she’s such a little princess!!
But that’s probably why he spends most of his time with me, following me around or sitting on/with me!

Quote:

And so you *must*. I tried to sneak in a tuna-fish sandwich earlier Today. All the kitties were asleep. I had barely touched the *cabinet* to reach in for the can, & 4 sets of expectant cat-eyes were looking at me. I was surrounded, once more.
smiles.gif

Do they wake you up if they’re hungry … mine do! They jump on the bed and then come right up to my face and start whining!!

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynelleM
Awww …. They are gorgeous!!!

Thank you! (I didn't see this before now) sorry
ssad.gif

Quote:
Spazz probably calls Socks “Big Dummy” … she always looks at him like she’s superior and he’s just a bumbling fool!! lol!!

smiles.gif
LOL Yes, several of the kitties I've loved have perfected that "superior," disdainful look. It really is amazing. I've met people who say cats' faces are expressionless. I've never understood...My kitties show so many emotions...

Quote:
She is a bit of a mean big sister cuz she doesn’t really like playing with him, she just likes when he helps her “clean” herself by licking her ears and the back of her head … she’s such a little princess!!

LOL
smiles.gif
Princess Spazz. I can imagine!
smiles.gif
You're lucky she only has him clean her ears & the back of her head.
Our kitties are a bit more thorough with each other.
winks.gif

We've taken to calling Cathy (the kittens' mommy) "Princess Cathy,"
not solely because she looks as if she feels superior sometimes...she is also "more than a cat." We honestly believe she possesses beyond-cat knowledge & intelligence. She has managed me so that she always receives the first sips of my Slimfast each AM (*only* on her little pink catfood jar lid) & 1st dibs at any people food she desires.
Princess Cathy.
She also continues to bathe *and* scold Creamy & Freddie Brian,
not to mention the love affair between her & Jimmy...(SoulMates)

Quote:
But that’s probably why he spends most of his time with me, following me around or sitting on/with me!

Awww. You are protection.
bigheart.gif

Do they imagine we're super-sized cats?

Quote:
Do they wake you up if they’re hungry … mine do! They jump on the bed and then come right up to my face and start whining!!

Of course! Never should a kitty be hungry (or lonely, or in need of anything at all) while his/her humans want to rest/play...& other activities I'll not mention here
winks.gif

Creamy stands on my hubby's head every Morning, whether or not he still has food in his bowl from the Night before. That strange little boy yes, "whines" (perfect word) into his ear!

Sometimes Creamy misses my hubby while he's at work. If he calls me at a break, Creamy comes up to me & starts the whine-meowing.
My hub now has telephone conversations with Creamy the Cat every Day.

owe you a PM & didn't forget you, lady.
smiles.gif
xx