help a girl out. e/s

hrockstar

Hopefully this is the right place to post this
smiles.gif

I am having a problem with e/s looking grey when they aren't grey colors.
i am getting annoyed/disappointed. The application still looks good just not the colors i expect. which makes me scared that the 88p and 28p neutral palettes are on their way if everything is basically going to look the same...(i know that is a silly statement with 88/28 colors coming but still it is creeping into my mind that i wasted money)
For example, a ruby/cranberryish color and what i think to be a true brown in the pot and swatched on my hand (not used together) have turned out grey on my eyes.
I don't remember exactly what colors i used yesterday with the BE Here Kitty (ruby-ish color) but none of them should have greyed it out. (peachy/vanilla-y shimmers)

this is what i used today:
painterly paint pot as base
mac pantina on lid
mac kid on crease/middle of eye (a blending base? not sure if that is the correct terminology)
mac brun crease/outer v
mac mylar at brow (very slight)

Are my eyes broken, am i doing something wrong, or something else like these are weird colors?

I would think it isn't weird colors since they don't swatch grey on my hand.

TIA!!!!

mikki
smiles.gif

Lizzie

Maybe you're over blending and the colors are mudding together? That's all I could think of.

gildedangel

Maybe you should try a different base and different lighting when you do your makeup. Perhaps you are overblending as well? I have a feeling that maybe you are seeing grey in the lighting in which you do your makeup.

kaliraksha

You might consider another primer... I have oily eyelids (which I've read is scientifically unlikely)... but before after an hour or so my colors would blend on their own from the blinking and they would turn muddy... that's changed now that I use UDPP. The only other thing I might take a look at is your brush use? Do you clean them often? Do you switch brushes for different colors or keep brushes for certain color families you use often? I don't thoroughly clean my eye brushes often, but I do give them a little cleanse. (usually at the beginning I'll spray some brush cleanser onto a clean soft cloth and just brush out the color)

hrockstar

thanks girls
smiles.gif

I am thinking it is these particular shadows or i need to apply them differently? I've been using different shadows without problem. I will do a hand swatch of the one later with it just swiped and brushed out...and you guys can tell me if my eyes are broken
smiles.gif

I haven't had a prob with the colors running together just being a diff color on my eyes than in the pot. I like using the painterly a lot better than the tfsi, almost wondering if i should take the tfsi back?
I deep clean/condition my brushes regularly, it took *forever* last night LOL

hrockstar

Talked to the BE rep/educator today and she said it is "blacking out" on me because of the mica, that a lot of their shadows will do this, and to pat not blend (my application skills aren't good enough to not blend LOL)....so good news...i am not crazy (about this anyway LOL)

Strawberrymold

I have lids that like to change the color of my shadows too. I find that when I use a base that has a similar tone to the e/s color I am using I get a much better color payoff after everything oxidizes.