HELP! Applying for MAC and I have questions!

JessThayer

Okay, so I have seen posts and videos saying that to even go get an application, you need to show up in black attire and a full face of makeup. Well, the reason I am confused about this is because today whilst shopping at MAC, I told the lady working there that I have been interested in working there and that I'm about to go to school for skin care. Right as I was explaining, she grabbed an application and gave it to me and told me to apply. I'm confused because 1) I wasn't even dressed properly or with a full face on and 2) People are saying that MAC doesn't give out applications... So what happened here? Is it different because it is a MAC inside of Dillard's? Also, I am stressing about how they are describing interviews. How you have to bring a model and bring your own MAC cosmetics to put on them. I'm not rich. I don't own a case of MAC products. Can someone please tell me if it is less strict or difficult to work at a MAC inside of a department store? Because nothing seems to be the same as what I have been reading. THANK YOU!! <3

jazzyjaz12

If she gave u a application that's good but when u drop it off go all in black and with ur make up done like if u work there also the interview is not bad u just bring a friend or anyone u know I just used some lady shopping that day cuz my friend sitter cancelled last minute and they provide the brushes n u will use the makeup at the counter and even tho Mac is inside Dillard's - Mac hires u not Dillard's