help at applying brunette MSF

Nzsallyb

Hello everyone!

i have brunette MSF, and i am having real trouble getting the application just right. i am a NC15, so the colour is super pigmented on me, jst wanting advice on what brush to use with it?

Thanks!

TISH1124

I honestly have to use a reg blush brush..I get way too much when I use a 187 or like brush...and I just solftly brush it on

gildedangel

If you find that you are getting too much product on your skin try using a brush that isn't as dense and is fluffier.
smiles.gif

swaly

This might be contrary to what most people say, but it works for me.

I have to use a kabuki brush with MSFs because a skunk brush just disperses the pigment and I have no control over where it goes. A regular fluffy black blush brush results in an uneven, awkward application. I just dip the very tip of my kabuki, lightly, in my MSF and then buff it into my skin. It looks amazing and I can control where it goes because the brush is dense and doesn't "give" completely like a skunk––ridge of cheekbone, just the very tops of the apples of my cheeks, the tip of my nose, etc.

kittykit

I use Ecotool blush brush to apply Brunette. The colour is very pigmented even for a NC35 like myself.

anita22

I'm NC30 and I find it too pigmented too! I use the #187 but I am super careful with it, I make sure I get just the TINIEST amount of product on the very tips of the bristles, and then use just the lightest touch when brushing it on. I also tend to avoid using the darker side of the MSF unless I'm going for a really dramatic blush look, I just use the middle and lighter shades.

It's such a lovely MSF but yeah, I can't believe how pigmented it is! It'll take me 100 years to use it up at this rate.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I'm NC30 and I find it too pigmented too! I use the #187 but I am super careful with it, I make sure I get just the TINIEST amount of product on the very tips of the bristles, and then use just the lightest touch when brushing it on. I also tend to avoid using the darker side of the MSF unless I'm going for a really dramatic blush look, I just use the middle and lighter shades.

It's such a lovely MSF but yeah, I can't believe how pigmented it is! It'll take me 100 years to use it up at this rate.

yes.gif

I am NC15 and I use the 187 too and also just dip the white bristles gently in Brunette and apply it with soft stippling motions on my cheeks.

panda0410

I have been using the 168 angled contour with this and a 227 for highlighting - works a treat. Just be careful not to press too hard, its quite pigmented, but amazingly beautful in just the right amount
smiles.gif

Fataliya

I use a fiber optic brush to apply Brunette. I'm also lighter than NW 15, so I need LIGHT application, lol.

alka1

I usually use the 187/188 brush and have had no problems. And I pretty much do what everyone else does - lightly tap it into the powder, like barely touching
smiles.gif