Help, bridesmaid look!!

Ms.Lulu

Hi ladies,

I will be in a wedding very soon and I will be doing my own makeup. I think I have all the products I am going to use but I would like advice and let me know what you ladies think! If there's another product that you would use please let me know! The dress is a light purple color (a little darker than lavender) and it will be an evening wedding.

Face Products:
Makeup Forever HD #153 (around NC42 in MAC Foundations)
Studio Fix Concealer in NC42 for face & NW30 for undereye are
Studio Fix Powder to Set

Eye Products:
UD Primer Potion
Mac Electra on Lid, Print in Outer Corner, Copperplate in Crease, UD Virgin to Highlight inner corners & brow bone
Mac Blacktrack Fluidline for Liner

Lips: Mac Cherish, NYX Natural Lipgloss

My main concerns are that the electra eyeshadow will be too shimmery for a wedding since there will be lots of pictures taken and that the eye look will be too heavy, almost like clubbing makeup?

What do you ladies think??

WhatWouldJoanDo

Evening wedding, a little darker than lavender dress, is the bride going for very night and airy look or a dramatic look? If you question that elektra isn't right for the event it probably isn't.

Ms.Lulu

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure how the bride will be doing her makeup, that is also a concern for me. She isn't into makeup all that much so I can't imagine her doing something very dramatic, but who knows. The other bridesmaids also aren't into makeup much either so I really don't want to be the only bridesmaids with a smokey eye.

What other colors can everyone recommend that would be suitable?

Ms.Lulu

What if I replaced Mac Electra with UD Virgin Eyeshadow that way it can be toned down?

WhatWouldJoanDo

Yes that would look pretty! The lipstick colour is nice too. So that it stays on you may want to use a lip pencil as a base and I wouldn't go too heavy on the gloss; just a bit.

I see you like Kim K's look and if you decide you don't want to do a smokey eye (which is a look I love), here is a great, less dramatic, bridesmaid look.

Ms.Lulu

Thank you for the lipgloss tip, I will definitely not add a lot of gloss!
I do love Kim K's look, very pretty! I think I will stick with the toned down smokey eye!