Help from You Knowlegable Girls pleasee! Im new and need you!!

stinger4711

Okay I need Some serious Help! Ive been trying to figure ths out for ever and im clueless! I want to contour my cheeks/ highlight to scult and make my cheekbones prominent. Im a bit clueless as to what colors to use. I like to use bronzer on my face and Im lost as to what 3 colors to use for my highlighter, contour color and blush color that goes together. Im an nc35. And sometimes I use self tanner.
I have Nars laguna bronzer and too faced snow funny for bronzers. I also have:
Mac Blush- ambering rose and dollymix
Lorac Blush- pink
Nars- deep throat
LM- transclusent powder and secret brightening powder
And
Bare escentials: warm radiance, pure radiance, bare radiance and rose radiance.... Anyhow, can someone suggest a combination of threee to contour, highlight and blush with? and Do i use the same bronzer as I use on my face... Ahh please help! Also, im definately willing to go buy something so any reccs or suggestions would be so appreciated. I hope this makes sense and thanks so much!!!

breechan

I've found that with contouring, it's a matter of practice practice practice, and then practice some more. You need to try different brushes, shapes, amounts, and colors until you get the result you like. A good strategy is to start by putting small amounts of product on, gradually building up to an intensity you like.

Contouring shade: should be a matte color, such as a brownish tone thats a couple shades darker than your natural tone. A bronzer should not be used as they are sparkly or lustre. Those types of finishes attract light. The point of sculpting is to make shadows to make parts of the face appear further back or smaller.

Highlight shade: He're where you can use shiny and lustre finishes. You can start with something a bit lighter than your natural skin color, or pump up the drama by using something really light. You want to pick up light with highlight colors, and make parts of your face appear to "stick out" more or be raised. I personally like to use a lighter shades on my browbone than on the area above my cheekbones or the "c" shape around my temples.

If you're headed to MAC anytime soon, and planning on spending money on a few items, why not book an appt. to get your makeup done. You can ask them to show you how to apply sculpting and highlighting to your face.

janwa09

I'm not a fan of using bronzers for contouring the face cos it ends up looking very unnatural. You can get MAC's Accentuate/Sculpt, or if you can't get that anymore you can try MAC Harmony, Emote or Taupe blushes or pressed powder that's a few shades darker than your skintone as contouring shades. For highlighting you can go for lighter shades of MSFs,
Iridescent pressed powders or beauty powders...it's best to try them out so you'll know which shades would look best on you. You may also need the proper brushes for contouring/highlighting too. 168/169 is the most ideal for this and maybe also a buffer brush/kabuki brush to buff out the harsh lines from contouring/highlighting.

Susanne

I can recommend you MAC Sculpt and Shape powder in Accentuate / Sculpt as well. It is still available on maccosmetics.com
MSFs are great as well.
Try MAC brushes 168 or 169 for contouring your face.

It will work better with every new try
winks.gif