Help Help Help!

ninahxd

HI SPECKTRA MEMBERS =) i have a load of questions to ask and wanted to get your opinions and tips about my concerns.
smiles.gif

WELL! let's start with the basics, I'm still junior High school student in NYC. and i'm really getting serious with the whole make up artistry career and hair dressing.. Been interested since i was a little girl messing around with my moms,aunts,and sisters make up. The thing is, of course i want to go to make up schools like MUD, and empire and Von Lee, but on the other hand i really want to get a degree relating to it. Maybe cause i think its better and more chances for me to get a job and a better future i guess? There's not much colleges that are known for cosmetology as far as i know. BUT. there is FIT which have a major in Cosmetic & Frangrance Marketing Do you think its necessary and a good option to take that major as well? OR! is there any colleges you recommend for me to go to dealing with the same major so i can put it on my application next year! One more question, any make up school you recommend that is really good and beneficial and not a rip off, in NYC or close to NYC. i don't want to leave my family here =(. THANKS ALOT. these are all the questions i have for now =)

LOVE YOU ALL<3
wavey.gif

pixichik77

Well, it's a bit more theatrically based but North Carolina School of the Arts has a bachelors in Wigs and Makeup. I've worked on plays, operas, ballets, films... it's great. I'm a rising Junior there, i'd be happy to answer any questions.