Help! how to get mac white brushes clean and stain free?

catemoody

My duo fibre 187 is stained a bit orange..and i cant seem to remove it
iv tried cleansers, brush cleaner and baby shampoo
anyone have any tips or suggestions on making them look beautiful white again?
thanks so much

LeeleeBell

Oh...Johnsons Baby shampoo worked well for me...I have heard great things about the MAC brush cleanser, maybe you could try that? HTH

kymym92

I wash all my white MAC brushes with regular dove soap and they never stain. Also, the MAC cleanse off oil will remove the stain from your brush.

gildedangel

Cleanse off oil will do the trick, you could even use olive oil, it will do the same thing! Be sure to clean your brushes frequently to prevent staining!
smiles.gif

Zephyra

I am really liking Mona Lisa Pink Soap. The smell is kind of annoying--it's an industrial soap smell--but it really removes makeup from my brushes well and conditions the bristles at the same time. The instructions say it's fine to load up the bristles and let them soak for an extended period; that might help. I use it on my 187 and 217 a lot and they come out like new. You can get it online or at art supply stores.

kittykit

I usually clean my 187 with tissue and MAC brush cleaner first before washing it. You'll see the colour coming off the brush... rinse it with water and wash the brush with regular brush cleaner or Johnson's baby shampoo, both work well for me.

sunshine16

Like kittykat mentioned, i find it helps if you first use brush cleanser (although i prefer to wipe it on a cloth not a tissue) before washing.
If this doesn't work, olive oil!

However, i find it really hard to the clean the 187, the tips are fine its trying to get where the black and white bristles meet clean!
It's way worse when i wear a long-wearing foundation, so i guess it's a trade-off.. hard to clean brush but long-wearing foundation haha
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

First recommendation is to clean your brushes daily...I don't mean go all out with shampoo and conditioner and such, just have a paper towel on hand, and after you use the brush, squirt some brush cleanser (I use MAC) on the paper towel, and swirl the brush around until you get it clean. Then wipe gently on a clean, dry paper towel, and you should be good. That'll help prevent staining; the less time a product spends on your brush, the less chance it has to stain.
Second recommendation; dishwashing liquid. It'll pull the stain out, but also dries the crap out of your brush, so be prepared to give it a nice, intensive conditioning treatment when you're done washing. HTH!