Help! Macy's Lancome beauty advisor position

alyfashions

Hi Everybody! I just had my 2 interviews for Macy's to work with Lancome as a beauty advisor. My first interview was with Human Resources manager and then 2nd interview was with the Cosmetics manager. I got a my third interview with the Lancome brand manager early next week. The cosmetics manager told me that its good to for Lancome because its a very popular brand and is the cosmetics is the anchor for sales in the store to stay afloat. I'm a junior studying Fashion & Retail management with a emphasis in marketing. I have clothing retail experience, but not any cosmetic selling experience. I worked for a womens boutique and JCPENNY.
What is the normal pay to expect at Macy's? The cosmetics manager told me about $9.00 with 3% for your brand and 2% for other brands you will get commission, but its not set in stone, I want to negotiate higher for hourly rate because I am experience in sales in general and have gotten more quota in Credit cards at JCPenny. I was seasonal at JCpenny and made $9.49 an hour because my experience. What is a reasonable pay I can ask? Also has anybody gone thru the last interview with the brand representative? What questions do they ask? I'm thinking I'm don't want to get that low of a pay and I have experience and I know I am a good sales person in any brand/product that I am selling for. Especially I'm about to graduate, should I take this offer or wait for an MIT position to open up at this point in my career? Please help me if you can. I would really appreciate it! Also what happens after the brand representative interview? Does Macy's call me back? How is the training session? For building clientale base, I don't know anybody in the area because I am not from here, so I am nervous I will not to good at networking. I admitted I don't know anything about the brand but I said I'm a fast learner, so I suppose they liked that ambition to make sales. She made it seem like its really pressure to make sales on me! Sales goal to make $1500 a day? OMGoodness! =( Any help would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Ali

UPDATE Monday, 3/25/2013

I had my third interview via phone interview with a Lancome representative this morning. First someone from NY called me and asked when was a good time to schedule the interview. I said in 15 minutes. I got a call back from a VA phone number, and she introduced her self. It was the same questions they asked in the first, and second interview, pretty much. It lasted about 1 hour. She said Macy's will contact me once they review my interview with HR& Lancome representative. I never knew that a part time position to sell make up part time has to have so many obstacles! I'm kinda wishing it was a full time position and hire pay if I get this job! I hope its worth all these interviews. I will know by Wednesday the latest she said. So hopefully, I get something cause 3 interviews and probably a demo interview will be really crazy if I don't get the job.

UPDATE Tuesday, 3/26/2013

The Lancome representative gave me a call this morning. We are scheduled for a 4th and final interview tomorrow Wednesday at 10:30 a.m at the Lancome counter at Macy's. She just wants to be ask me more questions and to see what I look like at the counter selling the Lancome brand. It's not a Cosmetic Demo application interview. I hope this is when they will give my salary offer. I know this meeting is all about how I look and how well I represent myself and my professional image and etiquette. I went out and bought a simple but semi elegant and professional black dress and I'm going to wear with pearls and some pearl earrings. I will do my make up simple with peach/nude eye shadow and eye liner. I got a peach-nude color lipstick. My blush is semi-rose tone. I am Asian with fairly tan skin so I know they are looking for a natural look that women can relate to when looking for the opinion of the sales woman. I'm pretty much going to be dressed like I already got the job in order for them to evaluate me in a professional manner. Keeping my hopes up and hopefully this is it! I will update tomorrow. =)

UPDATE Saturday, 4/6/2013

It's been extremely busy for me! Sorry I haven't updated! They offered me the job on the 4th interview. It was the Lancôme district manager and the HR manager in a small room with me. I stayed confident and strong and let them know that I was a great candidate and thanked them for the opportunity to thrive with their brand. At first they offered me $9.50. I got them to negotiate my wage up to $10.00 because I asked when the next performance review was going to be. So the HR manager left the room and said it’s going to be next April 2014 so I would barely miss the cutoff date for a pay raise, so they offered me $10.00. I was ok with that because I don’t have experience in selling cosmetics. So my rate of pay is $10.00 with commission. It’s 3% on each Lancôme product and 2% on any other bay you sell. We did the paper work, they congratulated me and I was on to training. Then a week later I started my Macy’s training (CBTS), its intense, A LOT to take in! They allow 3 days for your training to be complete. Then I did my Macy’s new hire orientation, just basic of lost prevention and basic expectations of a professional Macy’s sales associate. Yesterday 4/5/2013 was my first day on the floor training with the counter manager. She has been with Lancôme @ Macys for 14 years! I’m impressed, she is there that long! I trust her she wants me to thrive well with the brand. She introduced every Lancôme product to me great detail and what to say to customers for each unique product. It was a lot of take in. Then to top it off my contacts were drying up and I started to get dizzy! I didn’t let her know that though. So we went through the entire Lancôme bay and expectations, watched a DVD, and went over more product. She seems pretty down to earth, but I don’t think I want to get on her side. All counter managers, I’m skeptical about, first they can be very nice, then if you’re not getting sales they can really ride you, but that’s all sales managers in general, because their manger is on their tail about sales. My next training to for the May Lancôme Gift in Norfolk, we are carpooling to the meeting on Tuesday 4/ 9/13. I get to meet all the higher achievers and big bosses of Lancôme. I’m excited and nervous. I hope I do well. We are going to be learning about what gift we will be offering and how to sell it and so forth. That’s my update so far! I hope I do well, I think I can get the hang of it; it’s just this new personality that has to emerge from me. So I’m excited to see how far along this new opportunity will take me. Will update after the training meeting!

Warm Regards,
Ali

chicbeaute

Hi! Wow, that was a lot of interviews you had to go through! So how did the 4th and final interview go at the Lancome counter? Did you get the job and what was their pay offer? Did you accept it?
cheerleader.gif

alyfashions

Hello yes! I did accept it, I updated my post. You are welcome to read about it. Thanks for the encouragement! =)
urock.gif